Leshiy 1 - so difficult to shoot

No, but that is because I don't have one, wanna buy me one? ;)

I have experience change in POI with different holds, even with pcp's (springers are notorious for this)...that said..try to eliminate the variables that alter POI or do better to understand them when they do. On the bags allows more recoil while the pellet is in the barrel, compared to a firmer hold...neither state one is more precise than the other, you'd have to see which groups are smaller to determine that...but what is said, is that a looser grip/hold will allow more movement within the guns frame while pellet still resides in barrel.

I agree that the Leshiy is a difficult PCP to shoot groups with as precisely as most other PCPs. The litle sucker has a tendency to jump and acts much like a springer in regards to shooting. The biggest issue I have is when using a bipod. The recoil causes the gun to bounce and shift side to side. I can shoot more consistently on a bag when able to put downward pressue on the top of the moderator.

Having said that, the gun is really designed as a hunting gun and excels at offhand shots. It is lightweight and easier than most to hold steady. I've decided to think of it like a springer. Not just because of its shooting characteristics, but folding the gun in half to cock is reminiscent of a break barrel springer, too.

If you dial the power back a bit, the gun is much nicer to shoot. It’s hard to do because if you look at airgun forums, 99% of posts about power are how do I get more. It boils down to the law of diminishing returns. How much is that 50-100fps worth to you. I thought it would be cool to shoot slugs out of my Leshiy. Built a .25 barrel, hated it. Then I built a .177 barrel, hated it. Put the gun back on .22 pellets with my trusty right on the edge of jumpy tune, I like my Leshiy again.

If you dial the power back a bit, the gun is much nicer to shoot. It’s hard to do because if you look at airgun forums, 99% of posts about power are how do I get more. It boils down to the law of diminishing returns. How much is that 50-100fps worth to you. I thought it would be cool to shoot slugs out of my Leshiy. Built a .25 barrel, hated it. Then I built a .177 barrel, hated it. Put the gun back on .22 pellets with my trusty right on the edge of jumpy tune, I like my Leshiy again.

^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^*

I currently have my Leshiy setup shooting 18gr JSB at 850fps with the 250mm barrel because I dig having it in the short configuration. It's a little powerhouse. When i shoot it off the hood of my truck with a bipod, the recoil transfers through the hood making a loud thump. It's kind of weird. When I get my Leshiy 2 in .25 and .30, I'm going to tune down my Leshiy 1 to 12 or 13 FPE. The only reason I don't have it set up this way right now is because rat season is over. I shot 'em all lol.

I currently have my Leshiy setup shooting 18gr JSB at 850fps with the 250mm barrel because I dig having it in the short configuration. It's a little powerhouse. When i shoot it off the hood of my truck with a bipod, the recoil transfers through the hood making a loud thump. It's kind of weird. When I get my Leshiy 2 in .25 and .30, I'm going to tune down my Leshiy 1 to 12 or 13 FPE. The only reason I don't have it set up this way right now is because rat season is over. I shot 'em all lol.

Back that sucker down to 805fps with those 18.1's and you will like your Leshiy a lot more and the rats will never notice the difference. When I feel I "need" to be in the mid 800's, I shoot 15.89's. My reg is at 110b and HS is like 15 clicks out. When I first got my Leshiy a couple years ago I felt obligated to shoot 18's at 850. But its amazing what -45fps does for your consistency and making the gun feel more like a pcp than a Benjamin Trail nitro piston pistol.

Back that sucker down to 805fps with those 18.1's and you will like your Leshiy a lot more and the rats will never notice the difference. When I feel I "need" to be in the mid 800's, I shoot 15.89's. My reg is at 110b and HS is like 15 clicks out. When I first got my Leshiy a couple years ago I felt obligated to shoot 18's at 850. But its amazing what -45fps does for your consistency and making the gun feel more like a pcp than a Benjamin Trail nitro piston pistol.

Yeah, I'm still playing with my Leshiy and just recently up'd it to 850 with the 18grs. I'll try it out at 800 with the factory regulator and see how it goes. So much time invested but oh so fun. Are using the factory reg or Huma? Thanks!

I recently discovered that my Leshiy is supremely accurate with the little 20.2gr NSAs using the 350mm 22 cal barrel. Naturally, I wanted them shooting as flat / fast as possible, so I upped my (Huma) reg pressure to 147.5 bar - which, in turn causes it to recoil pretty nasty. I have never liked the factory buttstock, but I figured out that I could mount the factory JSAR stock without too much hassle.

This completely changed my Leshiy! Making it much more forgiving, easier to shoulder, and substantially more accurate at thus power level.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/edgun-leshiy-buttpad-solution/

Stormy, Tune it down like others have said. I have 2 of them. One in 177 shooting around 700fps. It is great to shoot. Dead nuts accurate. I don't miss often with it like that. My other one was set up in 25 shooting around 850. That one is much harder to shoot. I have swapped that out into .22 shooting around the same speed. Easier to shoot but not as nice as the .177.

As other said, tune it down to around 20 Joule /16 FPE and it will be very easy to shoot

Just shot 3 fills at this target (the white thing) at 60 yards and was able to hit it 80% off the time - that's 80% inside 3 MOA offhand, I find that amazing for such a small and light airgun (1627 gram total with Eotech Holo)

1592417443_16275735985eea5ca32eb283.54272427.JPG

I love this thing..

Thank you all for your answers. I am currently running Leshiy at 850FPS with JSB King .25. It seems to be a little hot as it jumps like crazy. I think I will lower v0 and try again.

Good heavens, you are essentially shooting a Walmart springer. I was shooting .25cal 29gr slugs around 830fps. I did my initial tune using 25gr pellets and I can’t quite remember, as I was clicking CCW and watching the velocity climb, when the gun started getting nasty. I think with all calibers, it starts when you start approaching 800fps. Just back the HS down to 780fps and shoot some groups and see how the gun feels. If you like it, then you will have to do a proper Leshiy tune to get max efficiency at your new happy speed.

Reactions: stormy
HI I have my leshiy in 25 cal with a 250 barrel and a 350mm barrel with the 22 caliber , I have used my leshiy with red dots , thermals , night vision , ffp scopes and Currently I am running a swarovski o=v8i on mine ,

I find my leshiy is easy to shoot offhand , prone seated or using my tripod and mono pod

I can easily hit targets or pests over 100 yds over and over , it is super accurate ,

Now I have done a few things to my leshiy to make it shootable out past 150 yd first trigger mod with spring , 2 huma regulator , and lastly I like a good momo grip on lower pic rail when it is not on my tripod ,

I also have been shooting 20.2 gr MTT ghost says and it is spot on I was hitting steel out past 200 yd with it on my tripod , The perfect small game pest gun for light weight ,

LOU