• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 1 - low shot count?

Meu Leshiy Classic é capaz de disparar 25 fotos reguladas (muito consistentes) antes que o regulador caia a 105bar. A potência é de 26J, .177 jsb pesada a 900 fps.

Esta é uma contagem de tiro baixa?

obrigado

No that's OK, 130 bar reg. seems to be the most effective setting in .177 cal, my two Leshiy's is also with 250 mm barrel

Leshiy 3485 Reg 115Bar HST 22 - 288 to 97Bar:

Leshiy 3485 115Bar HST 22 - 288 to 97Bar.1604831097.JPG

leshiy 3801 Reg 130Bar HST 15 - 310 to 106 bar

leshiy 3801 130Bar HST 15 - 310 to 106 bar.1604831127.JPG

Excellent information. Would you know in which configuration of the reg it was quieter and more accurate? 115 or 130 bar? Thanks

As far as the second plateau goes, I tested my Leshiy and was shocked at what I saw. Properly tuned it shoots a 18.1 at 815fps and a 15.89 around 840fps. Just out of curiosity I pushed on with the HS and had the gun at almost 1,000fps with one of those pellets, can’t quite remember. It was ugly but the gun would do it. The gun was nasty with how it sounded and felt. The hammer was protruding and I didn’t just keep shooting because I knew it wasn’t healthy for the gun. I have corresponded with a few guys who bought used Leshiy’s and were having problems. I tell them to replace the valve because the previous owner was probably power hungry and beat it to death. Just because a Leshiy can do it doesn’t mean you should. Tune it properly and take what it gives you. It’s a much nicer gun to shoot when you do so. I only ever messed with .177 in my Leshiy when I built a slug barrel for it so I am no expert in .177 pellet reg or HS settings. Other guys here are. 

As far as the second plateau goes, I tested my Leshiy and was shocked at what I saw. Properly tuned it shoots a 18.1 at 815fps and a 15.89 around 840fps. Just out of curiosity I pushed on with the HS and had the gun at almost 1,000fps with one of those pellets, can’t quite remember. It was ugly but the gun would do it. The gun was nasty with how it sounded and felt. The hammer was protruding and I didn’t just keep shooting because I knew it wasn’t healthy for the gun. I have corresponded with a few guys who bought used Leshiy’s and were having problems. I tell them to replace the valve because the previous owner was probably power hungry and beat it to death. Just because a Leshiy can do it doesn’t mean you should. Tune it properly and take what it gives you. It’s a much nicer gun to shoot when you do so. I only ever messed with .177 in my Leshiy when I built a slug barrel for it so I am no expert in .177 pellet reg or HS settings. Other guys here are.

"The hammer was protruding and I didn’t just keep shooting because I knew it wasn’t healthy for the gun"...Been there, done that...

How many shots do you get with factory regulator and in .22 at 815fps?

My Leshiy with .22 barrel is so consistent and accurate that I'm afraid to screw all this to increase the shot count. BUT, I can't sleep knowing that there's a possibility to gain much more shots with the same air...

What shall I do now...?

I would at least turn the HST all the way down. Count the number of clicks to zero so you can return it to its current setting. 

Record the speed for each click of increase to HST. 

Pay attention to how it sounds & behaves for each new speed. 

Once speed stops increasing turn back to the number of clicks that is 95 to 97 percent of the peak speed. 

Now see how you like that compared to your current settings that are producing the 855 FPS, assuming they are different. 

By the way, on the previous page you mentioned switching to the longer 22 cal barrel but wrote the length as 320 mm. Was that a typo or is it actually 320 mm? If so, what is the story behind that barrel? 

My Leshiy with .22 barrel is so consistent and accurate that I'm afraid to screw all this to increase the shot count. BUT, I can't sleep knowing that there's a possibility to gain much more shots with the same air...

What shall I do now...?

I would at least turn the HST all the way down. Count the number of clicks to zero so you can return it to its current setting. 

Once speed stops increasing turn back to the number of clicks that is 95 to 97 percent of the peak speed. 

Now see how you like that compared to your current settings that are producing the 855 FPS, assuming they are different. 

By the way, on the previous page you mentioned switching to the longer 22 cal barrel but wrote the length as 320 mm. Was that a typo or is it actually 320 mm? If so, what is the story behind that barrel?

But you think it's possible to keep this velocity and increase the shot count? I'm with 20 regulated shots with factory regulator.

Regarding the .22 barrel, I've bought a Artemis M16/Diana Outlaw barrel which has exactly 12mm OD and 400mm lenght. It cost me 60€. Bought it in Spain. It came with M12 1.25 on muzzle side. I asked a friend that has a lathe to cut it in the breech side to 320mm lenght.

Has been a really good surprise shooting with it. Really really accurate for the price.

What shall I do now...?

But you think it's possible to keep this velocity and increase the shot count? I'm with 20 regulated shots with factory regulator.

Regarding the .22 barrel, I've bought a Artemis M16/Diana Outlaw barrel which has exactly 12mm OD and 400mm lenght. It cost me 60€. Bought it in Spain. It came with M12 1.25 on muzzle side. I asked a friend that has a lathe to cut it in the breech side to 320mm lenght.

Has been a really good surprise shooting with it. Really really accurate for the price.

I'm not sure if you can keep the 855 FPS & increase shot count. I have shot my Leshiy faster than that but have never tuned for it. My gut says 20 shots at that power level is probably pretty good. But it doesn't hurt to go through the tuning process & see what your first velocity spike is. You can always go back. 

What shroud & moderator set up are you using with that 320 mm barrel?