• The Airgun Nation App is ready for iOS users! It should be available for Android users any minute! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Leshiy 1 - low shot count?

My Leshiy Classic is able to shot 25 (very consistent) regulated shots before regulator drops at 105bar. Power is 26J, .177 jsb heavy at 900fps.

Is this a low shot count?

Thanks

No that's OK, 130 bar reg. seems to be the most effective setting in .177 cal, my two Leshiy's is also with 250 mm barrel

Leshiy 3485 Reg 115Bar HST 22 - 288 to 97Bar:

Leshiy 3485 115Bar HST 22 - 288 to 97Bar.1604831097.JPG

leshiy 3801 Reg 130Bar HST 15 - 310 to 106 bar

leshiy 3801 130Bar HST 15 - 310 to 106 bar.1604831127.JPG

Yep, technically, you are wasting a TON of air. Frankly surprising and impressive you can get that speed from that barrel! That barrel length is likely optimal for somewhere in the 750fps range for that pellet?

But to maintain this velocity what should I do?

Buy a bigger gun or a longer barrel. If you want the most out of any gun, you can’t get hung up on a certain velocity. You tune the gun perfectly to the reg setting, see what it gives you then go from there. 

The instructions on how to tune it. If your just a hammer cranker you might be way out of tune. Briefly. Turn the HS all the way down to like 5 clicks. Then fire over a chronograph then add one click to the HS and fire over the chronograph again. Do this over and over until the gun stops getting faster. Then go back 2 clicks slower. Now your gun is where it’s supposed to be. If it’s not fast enough, bump the reg up and start the whole process over. If it’s too fast, do the opposite.