• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leopold ?

I’m preparing to order a scope for my new R7 but just remembered that I’ve got several Leopold’s in the safe. One is a VariXlll 2.5-8 which would be a perfect match for the R7. While it’s not an EFR model, do you guys think a smooth light recoiling rifle like the R7 in .177 would blow up that scope over time?

Good way to ruin a good scope. Don't do it!! Reticle is not made to withstand the recoil going in the opposite direction. Buy a Hawke Airmax or Element Helix and don't look back!
I spoke to Leupold on this subject less than a year ago. They warranty their scopes against air gun damage I was told, every scope they ever made. That being said I have 2 Hawkes and for the money they are great.

I have had a Leopold Vari X II on a R 10 for years. Leopold's hold up just fine. Draw back to Leopold is their limited parallax adjustments. Most of mine go to 25 yds.
They use to make a 50 ft adapter. I have tried it at 10 meters, not perfect but better than without. You might find one at a gun show, they have not made them for a good while.