leofotorifle.com discount code

Mostly depends on how you use the tripod, a levelling base is quite limited in the amount or movement you can do. I'm using this setup, friend of mine came up with it (still top heavy though):

Levelling base to create a level base (hence the name ;) ), then a monopod head with a panorama clamp underneath it. Once the base is leveled you can only do panning and tilting so only 2 degrees of freedom. Cant is out of the equation if you level properly.

380FB222-3A15-461A-A6D3-E89326E72476.jpeg

Reactions: bigHUN
Man I wish I could compared RRS with these "in person"!
I Really don't want to spend twice as much for RRS but I don't want any problems either so I'm torn.
RRS for the win. For years I looked at them but never thought I ever needed a tripod that expensive. I ended up with a used one and a Weberley gimbal head from a photo site, it's awesome the way it balances. The carbon fiber is exquisite. The gimbal is a game changer compared to a ball head.
Bill

RRS for the win. For years I looked at them but never thought I ever needed a tripod that expensive. I ended up with a used one and a Weberley gimbal head from a photo site, it's awesome the way it balances. The carbon fiber is exquisite. The gimbal is a game changer compared to a ball head.
Bill
Thanks for that info.
Do you have a Leofoto to compare with?

I was watching a video on a RRS tripod and one thing I thought that was funky for such a expensive bipod was that the rubber ring on the leg would slip down. Man I'd expect the assembly part to be encapsulated to prevent that. Do you have that problem?

Thanks for that info.
Do you have a Leofoto to compare with?

I was watching a video on a RRS tripod and one thing I thought that was funky for such a expensive bipod was that the rubber ring on the leg would slip down. Man I'd expect the assembly part to be encapsulated to prevent that. Do you have that problem?
No, I don't have any experience with a Leofoto, but I have used many different tripods over the years.
I am not sure what rubber ring your referring to. I have had zero issues with mine. It's a joy to use and I routinely put 15 lbs of weight on it (600mm f/4 & DSLR). Mine is the Versa Mk2 TVC-33. I have the gimbal head set up on the plate and separate center post set up with a RRS ball head. The quality is superb. It's so nice I really enjoy just looking at it (I know that's weird).
Bill

Reactions: steve123
@steve123 … I’ve never handled a RRS branded tripod personally, but I do own 3 different Leofoto tripods including one of their MH series ball heads as well as a 100mm bowl leveling base. All items have functioned flawlessly and appear to be very well made and high quality with excellent fit and finish.

Leofoto often offers a 20% discount if you sign up for their email notifications. Also, I have scored additional savings on top of the standard 20% off by contacting them via email and asking if they have any “open box” versions of whatever item I am interested in... 9 times out of 10 they have exactly what I’m looking for at huge discounted savings (around 35% off msrp). All the “open box” items I have ordered have been in ”as new” condition, and they still include the 10 year warranty from the manufacturer so you really can’t go wrong!

IMG_6919.jpeg

@steve123 … I’ve never handled a RRS branded tripod personally, but I do own 3 different Leofoto tripods including one of their MH series ball heads as well as a 100mm bowl leveling base. All items have functioned flawlessly and appear to be very well made and high quality with excellent fit and finish.

Leofoto often offers a 20% discount if you sign up for their email notifications. Also, I have scored additional savings on top of the standard 20% off by contacting them via email and asking if they have any “open box” versions of whatever item I am interested in... 9 times out of 10 they have exactly what I’m looking for at huge discounted savings (around 35% off msrp). All the “open box” items I have ordered have been in ”as new” condition, and they still include the 10 year warranty from the manufacturer so you really can’t go wrong!

View attachment 405602
That's great info! Thanks for passing it along.

Getting that extra discount would probably tip me over the edge of buying one.

Man I wish I could compared RRS with these "in person"!
I Really don't want to spend twice as much for RRS but I don't want any problems either so I'm torn.

Is your life depending on using this tripod? Not really I think so I wouldn't spend your money on a new RRS tripod unless you have plenty to spend. Don't get me wrong, yes the RRS is slightly better in some aspects but it's the law of diminishing returns since you pay a lot more for a little bit of extra stability/rigidity.

If you don't have an opportunity in your area to try one you can start with the Leofoto or similar brand and try if you like it. You have a solid base to try out then and once you can try a RRS version you can properly compare it and decide if it's worth triple ;) The leofoto tripods do well second hand so you should be able to sell it quickly if you want to.

Reactions: steve123
I suppose if I ordered one through amazon I could send the Leofoto back if I wasn't satisfied with it. Yeah diminishing returns, I totally get it. That's a tough one. I see this with rifle scopes a lot and this is one reason I like Athlon scopes.

I've been watching videos all week. Another downside I saw was one guy sent his RRS tripod in for repair and it didn't come back until 6 weeks later. Which brings me to this question = What's Leo's return time in case of a warranty issue?

Is your life depending on using this tripod? Not really I think so I wouldn't spend your money on a new RRS tripod unless you have plenty to spend. Don't get me wrong, yes the RRS is slightly better in some aspects but it's the law of diminishing returns since you pay a lot more for a little bit of extra stability/rigidity.

If you don't have an opportunity in your area to try one you can start with the Leofoto or similar brand and try if you like it. You have a solid base to try out then and once you can try a RRS version you can properly compare it and decide if it's worth triple ;) The leofoto tripods do well second hand so you should be able to sell it quickly if you want to.

I went halfway and got a great deal on a Fat Boy 3 section tripod and Levitate leveling head.

Also want to build a custom shooting sticks style bipod so I'll go with a pair of Leofoto monopods for that project.