Tuning Length of FX carbon barrel sleeve, seems short to me

I've just received FX carbon barrel sleeve for .25 cal, 700mm, bought at Krale (Holland) so I have no reason to doubt it's origin.
It's a nice fit on the liner and in the barrel tube, no wobble and not too tight 

When I've put it in the barrel, I've noticed that it leaves 5.5mm gap between itself and the liner lock (it seems that it's 5.5mm short)

Is that how it's supposed to be or is this some kind of an error?

I thought of putting 3 of the liner's orings that are now unused between the liner lock and carbon sleeve just to fill up the space. I have no idea if that would be a good thing, a bad thing or it doesn't matter at all.

Thanks!

There is room for jam nut and retaining bolt, it's meant to be that long

Sorry, English is not my native language so I may be misunderstanding you.

Jam nut would be liner lock nut?

Which retaining bolt do you refer to?

Superlight barrels have a Jam nut, normal stx barrels have a retaining bolt

L_G_D, I’m thinking of putting one on my .22 700mm Crown barrel. I’m leaning towards also using one of the large O ring spacers at the muzzle end of the liner since I think the CF tube is short enough. The Jam nut/bolt combo at the back holds things well, the CF sleeve should keep the liner from oscillating in the middle, while the O ring/spacer after the CF tube ends at the muzzle end should help keep it aligned down there. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Chris

When I've put it in the barrel, I've noticed that it leaves 5.5mm gap between itself and the liner lock (it seems that it's 5.5mm short)

I just installed one in my 700mm .30. I did some measuring because I was curious as to how much clearance there would be. It was around 6mm but I didn't measure for high accuracy. Seems like reasonable clearance to me to ensure it doesn't contact the liner lock nut.