• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lemons & losses. Your picks ?

I bought a Gamo break barrel about 15 years ago I think the model was an 890s. The barrel came from the factory with such bad droop I had to shim the scope and nearly max out the travel to zero at 20 yards. It actually shot fairly well with the banana barrel until it refused to stay locked. Its still around here somewhere collecting dust with my Winchester break barrel which was another unimpressive rifle. I haven't bought a springer since but I keep getting tempted!

Pat here, new to the forum, but happy to find it. I had two lemons to report. The most disappointing was/is a RWS 460 Magnum 22 cal. Plenty of power for a springer at about 24 FPE, but it won't hold a group no matter what kind of pellet I put through it. Looking to sell it on craigslist to some sucker who isn't on this forum. The other was a Gamo Whisper - my first foray into 'adult precision air rifles'. It held a fairly good group for a fairly inexpensive air rifle but you could pull the trigger so hard your finger would hurt before it would fire. Also paid a little extra for the gas ram, and it was so inconsistent that the FPS over the chrony would vary up to 300 and 400 FPS between shots.
Have since graduated to Weihrauch, Air Arms and Feinwerkbau. Very happy with all three. Of the three the Feinwerkbau is the most accurate, but it is pellet fussy - get the best group with H&N Field Targets. The least pellet fussy is the Air Arms TX200 - shoots a fairly wide range of pellets very accurately. (Your get what you pay for).