Lelya is here! my little red devil.

A huge thanks to Brian at EDgun West! He got my new .25 Lelya to me without any fuss and just continues to be a great guy to deal with. It worked out like a charm that I have one of those unusual Leupold scopes with a 56mm objective that has a concave recess located on the underside for ultra low mounting. The other big win is it at some point in its life went through their custom shop and has a red, spatter pattern anodizing. Wasn't feeling too chipper, so I got the scope mounted and ran a couple of magazines over the chrono, with 25gr.JSB's running around 900fps. Not sure when my next run to the range will be, but it won't be soon enough.

1532611116_13490257795b59ca2cbe72f6.17253504_Message_1532564741081.jpg

1532611162_3115579575b59ca5a065be5.34743780_Message_1532564775451.jpg

1532611162_6082936975b59ca5a532b91.86002557_Message_1532566022704.jpg

Mark

Reactions: weatherby
What a great looking gun. I never knew there was a laminate stock! You lucky dog! I already know I keeping mine for good and have been researching ways to do something with the stock. If they ever come out with a salt/pepper or green laminate I will throw down some serious cash for it! 

What is the shot count for the .25 jsb 25gr at 900fps?

davidsng,

Darned good question, I brought it up to over 220bar and got 3-4 magazines through it, but I think I was still around 160+ bar at that point. I was a bit fuzzy with Benadryl and a nasty headache, so I can't say for sure. I was also running shots through my R5M to sort out some regulator issues (Huma), so I was pre-occupied with that one more so. It would be nice if I can get at least 4 magazines before I fall off the reg. Not the best for bench shooting, but more than adequate for an outing when the number of shots will be minimal. The laminate concept has been mentioned in the past, but never quite got off the ground. Not even certain that they will become a regular thing, The only thing I can say is to call Brian today ! and get your name on the list, if they aren't already spoken for, you might get lucky. I've already located a laminate blank supplier and have been debating on attempting an inletting job on my milling machine for the R5M. 

Mark

Differences:

- Length/weight

- stock design

- pivot point for manual safety is opposite.

Similarities:

- Everything else that I can see so far.

From a subjective standpoint, the feel between both is unique. With the R5M feeling like an M1 Garand for a solid chunk in your hands and the Lelya like a FN P90. Each feeling right, but each individual and not something I will worry about figuring out who's best. Nobody wins those comparisons.

Mark

It's funny, I was just showing both to a friend and he just latched on to the ergonomics of the Lelya over the R5M. So a positive check mark to the Lelya. I like both for their respective qualities and still appreciate my "old school" R3M. My Leshiy is a creature unto itself and I love using it for specialized work, but it can hold its own even off a bench. They are all fascinating and I'm lucky enough to own more than one.

Mark

Range update! Spent several hours running the Lelya through its paces.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE IF YOU ARE A LOUSY SHOT!!!

You will not have any excuses if you miss, your friends will laugh at you and your neck will be bent holding it down in shame. It was like doing the "shoot the star" at the fair, at 50yds it just shredded a half inch hole, magazine after magazine. It shoots the 25gr just fine, but it definitely likes the 34's even better. In all, about 300+ pellets through it today.

For those that want to know, from a 250bar fill to just about 120bar lets you put 4 magazines (36 pellets) on target. No odd behavior after topping off and it stays consistent. Definitely a solid performer.

Mark