• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lelya 2 vs Leshiy 2 at 20 yards

It was sunny and warm today with almost no wind. Some quality time at my short 20 yard range. You can see my target sitting on top of the Lowes bucket, it’s attached to a cardboard box filled with rubber mulch to make it nice and quiet.

Lelya 2.0 and Leshiy 2 , both are in .22 shooting 18.1 grain.
I like both rifles very much for their different qualities.

Lelya 2 is lighter, more compact and accurate. I also think it looks better and more rugged.

Leshiy 2 is quieter, more powerful and faster to shoot, very adjustable. It also has modularity that Lelya 2 doesn’t. While it can group , i feel like I have to invest more effort to be accurate with it, Lelya is just stupid simple allowing more consistency.

Their characteristics dictated the optics I put on them.
Light, compact and simple- Dedal Stalker x6 for Lelya.
March 1.5-15x44 is on Leshiy, at 1.5 power it is almost like a red dot for some fast close range. Riding on a quick detach mount, it fits like a glove, eye relieve work just perfect the way the scope sits, allowing it to keep minimum profile when folded.
Going to find longer range next time, update with photos.

D5CD2399-74D1-4D1B-BD41-CA34DD99BE92.jpeg

06A9D870-D359-4C4A-8F56-4FBBB067792E.jpeg

9DC02714-F1B7-4916-BD2E-AF171E0CAF8E.jpeg

8095B79F-81A4-4AFD-A9AD-BF2EC58FB9B9.jpeg

AF8F1468-9E3B-42E1-ACD6-0008634A946B.jpeg

59242E1D-8D47-487F-9EB3-0984ACC8336F.jpeg

B2E135BE-137C-40AF-92CC-0018283CAA04.jpeg

Great info. Thanks for sharing. I always wondered about the lelya, but was worried by some reviews in the past where its accuracy was less than stellar.
My leshiy 2 in 22cal was definitely a learning to shoot accurately. Most of it was trigger management. It’s a completely different animal to anything else Ivecever shot. Once I got it figured out though, I was shooting very respectable groups at 50yds. The leshiy is definitely a hunters rifle. It wasn’t really made for target work, so it’ll never be as accurate as your Lelya is to you, but it’ll be minute of squirrel any day!

Reactions: Romy
The stock on that Lelya 2 is pretty wood. I myself love the pups to hunt with. I have not seen, nor got to shoot a L2. I have Hubens that are my go to, do all it seems. I have always admired the Lelya 2 so much, that hopefully all goes good. Mine will be here soon. They just look like a fun gun to shoot. So had to pull the trigger and get one.

Reactions: Romy
Great info. Thanks for sharing. I always wondered about the lelya, but was worried by some reviews in the past where its accuracy was less than stellar.
My leshiy 2 in 22cal was definitely a learning to shoot accurately. Most of it was trigger management. It’s a completely different animal to anything else Ivecever shot. Once I got it figured out though, I was shooting very respectable groups at 50yds. The leshiy is definitely a hunters rifle. It wasn’t really made for target work, so it’ll never be as accurate as your Lelya is to you, but it’ll be minute of squirrel any day!
It’s accuracy taken me by surprise too, I need to get it to a longer range but it absolutely feels like i am shooting 700mm impact mk1 that i have, very consistent.

Reactions: madeintheuk
The stock on that Lelya 2 is pretty wood. I myself love the pups to hunt with. I have not seen, nor got to shoot a L2. I have Hubens that are my go to, do all it seems. I have always admired the Lelya 2 so much, that hopefully all goes good. Mine will be here soon. They just look like a fun gun to shoot. So had to pull the trigger and get one.
Yes, I picked this stock from the four I was offered , it had more beautiful grain than others to my eyes.
Maybe someday I will try Huben too but not anytime soon. In its form it reminds me if a wildcat that I used to have and really liked.

Last edited:
Just looking at the Edgun site this morning, I see the prices have taken a step...up.
The Lelya 2 was my first PCP gun, the first stepping stone into the proverbial...rabbit hole of the...PCP.
It's got a modified R5 stock on it. The current wrap is to be replaced as soon as it gets here in the mail. It's also got a Bat suppressor on it now. Much...quieter that it is with the original suppressor.
Yeah, I still like it.

1677879549130.jpeg

Mike