• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lelya 2.0 and slugs

Well, having spent the last couple of weeks focussed on getting my new Lelya (22 cal) setup for my fall grouse / turkey hunt, I can tell you that out of the box - the Lelya did not like (.217) NSA 21gr, 23gr (.217 & .218), 27gr, 30gr, 33gr nor 24gr Varmint Knockers. The barrel just isn't right for any of them. Groups were 2-3" at 50m and around 3-6" at 100m. I haven't tried any MP / NOE / other cast ammo though, so who knows.

With that said - there is a bright side to my build that really made me happy. It LOVES the JSB Monster (RD) pellets! I was able to turn mine (Huma regulated) down for 40 shots per fill. ANYTHING inside 160m is dinner. I'm serious, offhand, prone, it was phenomenal to test today. It was like my steel targets were fire and the pellets were little heat seeking missiles, I had an absolutely blast shooting today 😎

My goal was something accurate for hunting to 150m. The 0.054 BC for me is a sufficient compromise, at least for now / my upcoming hunt. In retrospect, I was hopeful that my 380mm Crown would have shot these RDs well it didn't), but now I finally have a small rig that can handle them 💪

Ghost, very interesting. What speed are you shooting the RD Monsters?

I shot them from 900fps down to 815, then back up to 840fps (where I'm keeping it for both shot count and for alignment with my scope reticle's sub-tensions lol)

@airgunfans lol feet? No, meters! 

@bluetail - indeed. It's a blast to shoot!

I tested some of Nielsen's new little high speed press made 23 grainers today with my Lelya. To my surprise, these were deadly accurate out to at least 175m with a light crosswind.

My Huma regulator was only set to 127.5bar and I did not want to open up the air tube with all of the dust. I turned the HST down to the high point of the power "knee" for an 841fps average (840-842 / 39 shots). My LabRadar wasn't providing reliable data today, but I would conservatively say the BC was 0.074 or so from muzzle to 35m (I primarily used my EdGun chrono for tuning).

As far as groups went - they were not hole in hole (except for my 35m zero), but they were grouping 1.5-2" at 100m, 150m, and 2-3" at 175m. Some of that was wind and parallax from my 1-8 scope, but they're accurate enough that I would use them for hunting grouse and turkeys.

I'm actually more hopeful for these new 24.something grain cup back slugs. I ordered 4 boxes to test out with my Lelya and Crown(s). 

Crafty! 

Don't suppose you remember the size? 

My R5M seems to like the VK 22.5gr .22 slugs. Very consistent.

I used a couple of different sizes, but I foudn that the inner diameter isn't too critical. As long as it can slip on, it should be good. You want to use around 2mm thickness to push the two factory o-rings down though. I want to say either 19x2 or 20x2 was what seemed to work best out of the few that I tried.

I tested some of Nielsen's new little high speed press made 23 grainers today with my Lelya. To my surprise, these were deadly accurate out to at least 175m with a light crosswind.

My Huma regulator was only set to 127.5bar and I did not want to open up the air tube with all of the dust. I turned the HST down to the high point of the power "knee" for an 841fps average (840-842 / 39 shots). My LabRadar wasn't providing reliable data today, but I would conservatively say the BC was 0.074 or so from muzzle to 35m (I primarily used my EdGun chrono for tuning).

As far as groups went - they were not hole in hole (except for my 35m zero), but they were grouping 1.5-2" at 100m, 150m, and 2-3" at 175m. Some of that was wind and parallax from my 1-8 scope, but they're accurate enough that I would use them for hunting grouse and turkeys.

I'm actually more hopeful for these new 24.something grain cup back slugs. I ordered 4 boxes to test out with my Lelya and Crown(s).

Bom Dia !

Para JSB MONSTER (.22) você esta usando 840 fps para 40 disparos ?

Seu regulador é o original edgun ? ele esta confirgurado em 125 bar ?

Grato