EDgun Leishy 2 wont cycle the mag ?

Hi All,
i have had my L2 for around a year and haven’t used it much as from around 6 months ago it refuses to cycle the mag for the next shot,
When i pull the trigger it fires and you can see the magazine slowly move part of the way to cycle its self for the next shot but it stops/ gets stuck and hence wont fire if i proceed to open/ unfold the rifle the mag then jumps to the next cycle (ie lined up with ammo lined with the barrel) and it will now shoot it does this over and over, I have done as far as i know everything to try to sort this but i just cant get it to cycle,I have inspected all parts and all look as good as new and the gun has only shot around 200 slugs from new, because of this problem i just don,t or can not use it any body help please..

I would remove the rotating assembly and R2D2 head. Check there are no broken composite parts and see if the spring has compressed a bit. I've had rotation issues relating to the spring compressing and not having enough push to rotate the mag. If that's the case you can either order a new spring or shim the top it with a nylon washer to get the compression back.

Try replacing the magazine plate. If they’re bent or worn, they’ll cause cycling issues also then check your puck isn’t sitting proud, or missing.
Check for flat spots on the magazine cycling wheel.
Lastly, it could be the ceramic ball in the valve damaged, but to check that, you can look T the trigger pin, and see if it’s where it’s supposed to be in relation to its slot.

Reactions: RAMJET66
Something to check that is simple. The puck is blown hard into the magazine during the shot cycle. This is what keeps the magazine from advancing until the pressure drops (pellet leaves barrel). If the puck doesn’t relax back after the shot cycle, it can maintain too much pressure against the mag. Pull the puck and lube lightly with silicone then insure it moves freely when you re-insert it. Then before firing, insure magazine rotates as easily with the action closed as it does with action open.

Just something else to try. Hope you get it sorted out, it must be very frustrating.

Dave

Reactions: towle and RAMJET66
Something to check that is simple. The puck is blown hard into the magazine during the shot cycle. This is what keeps the magazine from advancing until the pressure drops (pellet leaves barrel). If the puck doesn’t relax back after the shot cycle, it can maintain too much pressure against the mag. Pull the puck and lube lightly with silicone then insure it moves freely when you re-insert it. Then before firing, insure magazine rotates as easily with the action closed as it does with action open.

Just something else to try. Hope you get it sorted out, it must be very frustrating.

Dave
I have swapped the puck but will try lightly lubing it the mag rotates pretty free when it’s closed in the breach, I’m going to try to video firing it so you can see the mag slowly trying to move, like it’s binding or hasn’t got enough pressure to jump to the next hole in the mag

Yeah many times, strange thing is it was ok for a while I might try removing the circlip so I can push the barrel very slightly more into the breech as I’m running out of options

Yes there might be some grit behind the clip

You can check the head spacing with a slice of paper, 80g copy paper measures 0.1 mm, should easily slip down to the barrel end and puck on both sides of mag, rotate mag, check again

leshiy 2 barrel tolerance.JPG

When the reloading system works it works a 100 percent, I only had one fail to index with 3 L2's and that was with a bend mag plate

To check the mag plate, place it on a piece of flat glass, press down on edge, see if it moves, turn upside down, repeat

Reactions: RAMJET66 and sb327
Yes there might be some grit behind the clip

You can check the head spacing with a slice of paper, 80g copy paper measures 0.1 mm, should easily slip down to the barrel end and puck on both sides of mag, rotate mag, check again

View attachment 316479

When the reloading system works it works a 100 percent, I only had one fail to index with 3 L2's and that was with a bend mag plate

To check the mag plate, place it on a piece of flat glass, press down on edge, see if it moves, turn upside down, repeat
thank you..

High all,
As you can see i have a small gap between the mag and the breech both sides i have done the paper trick and it moves freely, i have also swapped the puck again and applied a tad of lube but still no better, the mag moves more freely with the gun open than when closed, if i manually move the mag after firing it refuses to fire again until i open and close the gun even tho i have moved the mag into the next firing position, More help needed :rolleyes:

High all,
As you can see i have a small gap between the mag and the breech both sides i have done the paper trick and it moves freely, i have also swapped the puck again and applied a tad of lube but still no better, the mag moves more freely with the gun open than when closed, if i manually move the mag after firing it refuses to fire again until i open and close the gun even tho i have moved the mag into the next firing position, More help needed :rolleyes:

I haven't had any real problems with my gun, so all I can tell you is the little I know. When I have had the cycling issue you mention, in my case the problem was one of three things, all user error. 1) The gun was out of air. This is the most common way I get to the cycling issue. 2) My barrel wasn't properly seated and 3) I forgot to attach the backing plate on my magazine.