maybe there is an end cap replacement for 1/2 x20 threads , like is made for the classic ? don't know if it is made for the L2 ?

There is a 1/2" UNF adapter for the stock L2 shroud. I don't have the company name at the moment.

There are also 3d printed inserts as well as the STO insert. I believe some of the files for the former have been shared.

I have an EDgun L2 350 .22 cal.
After trying numerous moderators (DFL, Huma, various 3-D printed shroud inserts, etc) none in my gun, works better than the STO Shroud insert that replaces the Edgun Factory insert See below:

You can get added effect with additional moderator using the end cap replacement.
The end cap replacement mentioned by Scouty above with 1/2 x 20 threads is this:

Nothing I have found will stop the action/indexing noise at your ear. These make the biggest difference when standing away for the gun.

Also the Behemoth quick connect moderator is coming out soon and looks and sounds very promising. Brian at EDgun West demonstrated it to me over the phone and it was most impressive.
It will change the look of the gun. However, you can also add this as an add-on with end cap replacement or directly to the barrel.

Best of luck. Let us know how you fare.

Raf

Reactions: Vinjak and Scouty
I have an EDgun L2 350 .22 cal.
After trying numerous moderators (DFL, Huma, various 3-D printed shroud inserts, etc) none in my gun, works better than the STO Shroud insert that replaces the Edgun Factory insert See below:

You can get added effect with additional moderator using the end cap replacement.
The end cap replacement mentioned by Scouty above with 1/2 x 20 threads is this:

Nothing I have found will stop the action/indexing noise at your ear. These make the biggest difference when standing away for the gun.

Also the Behemoth quick connect moderator is coming out soon and looks and sounds very promising. Brian at EDgun West demonstrated it to me over the phone and it was most impressive.
It will change the look of the gun. However, you can also add this as an add-on with end cap replacement or directly to the barrel.

Best of luck. Let us know how you fare.

Raf
I'm guessing you are using the standard version of the STO shroud core? I put in the extended version for my L2 .22 250mm and its sending my groupings all over the place. What BAR or FPS is your regulator set at?

I'm guessing you are using the standard version of the STO shroud core? I put in the extended version for my L2 .22 250mm and its sending my groupings all over the place. What BAR or FPS is your regulator set at?
You're probably clipping. Make sure EVERYthing is aligned. Took me a good long while to get it working right.

I thought that too initially, but I wasn't seeing any damage to the core or moderator cap.

I took it apart again and it looks like there is a very slight curvature to the core. The last segment hole also looks like it has a much smaller diameter compared to the rest of it.

I'm going to grind some of it down and make the bore a little bigger

Yes I am using the shorter one intended to the 350mm barrel and factory shroud. I did order the larger caliber. Reg set at 130 Bar.
Guys at the range say it is very quiet, and it is when some one else is shoot it when I stand away. Funny never can tell how quiet its is when you are shooting it.
Raf

Yes I am using the shorter one intended to the 350mm barrel and factory shroud. I did order the larger caliber. Reg set at 130 Bar.
Guys at the range say it is very quiet, and it is when some one else is shoot it when I stand away. Funny never can tell how quiet its is when you are shooting it.
Raf
Well a few hours with a scalpel and some sandpaper got it wide enough and its shooting extremely well now. Guess the hole really was too small xD

I will say though that I am really impressed with the STO insert. I had my ear near the muzzle and literally all the sound was coming from the action near the magazine.