• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Legit 2 Knockdown power

How affective is the leshiy 2 in taking down larger varmint in Texas such as pigs/coyotes.
I’ve seen videos of people taking down pigs and even deer but I’m unsure how practical it truly is. Does it truly have enough power to bring them down no questions asked or do you have to get a perfect shot at close range?
If it is effective, what caliber would be the best for it, the 25cal slugs with higher velocity or the 30 cal slugs with less velocity, but a bigger bullet?

The leshiy 2 can push about as much power as you can dream of. It’s valve is adjustable to make this possible. With jet changes, and the ability to push the reg almost to bottle pressure, it’ll do what you want.
that being said, it’s LOUD, when you push it to high power levels, and I’m sure it’ll have some decent recoil too (for an airgun). Longer barrels will help that, but at what point do you say, it’s supposed to be designed as a compact shooter, and now it’s as long as a panthera with a 700mm barrel just to get the power I want. Maybe at that point another gun is better suited. Will it take hogs and the like? Absolutely! But there may be other options to look into first.