Leftys - Lefties Roll Call

Left handed, left eye dominant, shoot left handed. 

Recently traded one of my lefty TX200 MK1 for a HW 100. It's in a ambi stock, rh action, but it is intended for FT, so that will be just fine. 

FWIW, was a professional musician for years(electric bass) and played right handed. I bat and golf right handed, throw a frisbee right handed as well, but kick a football with the left

one, and of course throw anything but a frisbee with the left. 

1597799756_419938375f3c7d4cb101c3.28316922.JPG

How is that HW100 working out for you? 

It's funny I ended up putting the same scope on that rifle.

I never thought about it but I also throw a Frisbee right handed. I wonder why that is?

FX, Air Arms, BSA, BROCOCK

YOU SEEING THIS?

Those are just the brands I passed on because they didn't have dedicated left hand rifles

Oh they may be seeing it but those of us who have bypassed these brands are considered acceptable losses. A separate production run wouldn’t be cost justified - so say the bean counters. Uj

I understand for long standing production items, but for anything being produced new, it takes almost no additional material or work. In fact in many cases you begin in CAD with a symmetrical part and have to make changes to "offset" for a handed bias. Guns can be stylish and ambi, just look at the Redwolf for example. Also when looking at something like the FX sideshot magazines, it would not only have been easier to make it central at the bottom but it could probably hold 50 rounds in .30 cal before creating any cheek interference on either side. A little advanced care given could greatly improve the experience for all. It would also cut down on the number of needed inventory varieties and part numbers, now that is where the bean counters should chime in! 

I’m a lefty. Well, right handed, but left eye dominant. My biggest frustration is how uncomfortable my .25 Cricket it to shoot with the cocking lever jamming into my cheek. Still shooting 1MOA accuracy, but very uncomfortable.

This illustrates my point. When the above manufacturers hold a pre-production meeting, surely someone must have mentioned that with some minor (?) design changes the new model would be more user friendly for LH & RH. If this point was even ever brought up then the only conclusion I can make is their decision to go with the original design - screw the lefties. Isn’t Axelsson a lefty? Uj

Well said.....

3 or 4 months ago when I started to get interested in bull pups I was leaning heavily to the FXs until I saw that massive magazine.

Finally decided to get a Zbroia FB 550/290. Charlie Freer from Georgia Airguns said he would mount a scope a see if the cocking arm was a problem lefthanded. He didn't think so, and would accept it back if i did. He did his magic and I'm very happy to put it next to my (AA) Protarget and 410SL

The Zbroia is ok for left handers and very accurate.

I’m a left hand shooter too! I prefer the cocking lever on the right side when shooting from the bench as well...My hand never had to leave it! 

Stoti

I know right!!Being left handed ,It just works! I know some righties that like the cocking lever on the left. for the same reason, sure helps me to keep on my targets .I shoot rifles left , and pistols either handed. 

I’m a left hand shooter too! I prefer the cocking lever on the right side when shooting from the bench as well...My hand never had to leave it! 

Stoti

I know right!!Being left handed ,It just works! I know some righties that like the cocking lever on the left. for the same reason, sure helps me to keep on my targets .I shoot rifles left , and pistols either handed.

I prefer this setup so much that I had my RAW built that way from the ground up. This was also pre Airforce when you could have your gun tailor-made to your request.