• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch LEFTY HW 55M for sale

Guys, this is not something I do often - I know nothing about the seller, and have no interest in the transaction.

But there is a nice-looking, LEFT-handed HW 55M up on the infamous auction site now. Prettier than average wood grain, maybe 90% condition. Serial number from 1970. It has no sights (would need the older HW diopter with 13mm dovetail), but does have a rare 400-gram barrel sleeve.

This is only the second southpaw HW 55 stock I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxtrouble
I saw it. I don’t invite guests to somebody else’s party. Probably lost my shot at a sleeve. Boo Hoo. 😭
I’ll get you Mike! 😁
I PMed you when I saw guns I thought you might be interested in.
I still will. That’s the way I do it.
BUT!
It’s not always about what I have. I respect a man much more for his character. So I have to remind myself to be that first.
I’ve always respected Mike Driskill and always will.
When I read his posts I hear a kind warm voice in my head. I only wish I could come across so well but sometimes I get big headed for a minute. He never seems to.

Have a blessed day

I saw it. I don’t invite guests to somebody else’s party. Probably lost my shot at a sleeve. Boo Hoo. 😭
I’ll get you Mike! 😁
I PMed you when I saw guns I thought you might be interested in.
I still will. That’s the way I do it.
BUT!
It’s not always about what I have. I respect a man much more for his character. So I have to remind myself to be that first.
I’ve always respected Mike Driskill and always will.
When I read his posts I hear a kind warm voice in my head. I only wish I could come across so well but sometimes I get big headed for a minute. He never seems to.

Have a blessed day
Karl
Your a bigger person for admitting you might have a flaw.....takes guts. Regardless, we all enjoy your posts. But I agree with you about Mike Driskill. My favorite poster by far!!! I'd by a book if ever wrote one.

You guys are much too kind. This was an odd call I admit. The seller didn't realize it was a lefty, or post a pic of the right side of the stock, until well after the initial listing. You never know about selling a southpaw rifle...that often holds the price down unless you just happen to stumble on the rare right guy. The missing sights won't help either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mycapt65
Watching, and sort of dreading the outcome............

It is another one of those 'when will you see another one' moments, and I am trying to convince myself that I am content with a 55S.
Agreed. The Tyro is stunning. The Standard is ambidextrous and simple. The M has a cheek piece that I never found attractive myself. Also, I do not like the inlaid aluminum rail. However, this lefty in mention doesn’t have one. It’s already pushing $800 with tax and shipping. And NO sights. Also, the stock has been refinished because the checkering is finished over. Never was originally. It is a rare and nice piece for sure. Will probably go in a collection. Fun to watch. Good luck to anyone here on AGN that may be going for it.

I am a fan of the earlier Weihrauch stocks with the finger grooved fore end, and the 55S checks all of my boxes. I also personally purchased it from M. Driskill, and it has some forum history behind it that endears it to me.

That said, it's still not a lefty M.........

I will not be a bidder on this one, and will be thrilled for whoever winds up with it!

As an aside

There has been a splendid display of gentlemanly behavior in this thread, and I feel privileged to know several of you fine fellows. You folks are what keeps this stuff fun.

I'm a lefty - but I shoot righty. My Dad saw to that! I viewed the one mentioned in this thread and the metal work looks very nice - don't know if it had been re-blued but it sure appears so. The stock looks like it had been re-finished but it's got plenty of dings, dents, etc. With that being said it's a good looking piece of lumber that could be made to be pretty nice with the right kind of finish and TLC. I don't know if not having the sights is a big problem because I'm not sure how hard it is to get a nice set.

That's the thing about us southpaw's....we get excited when a lefty anything comes up for sale.its funny in the blue book it says to subtract 10% usually for a lefty, but I find that completely false, we sometimes pay 2 x's as much for a lefty rifle.....and it always pops in out heads "when will I have another chance?" I have a bunch of righty rifles I shoot left handed, but I always wish they were left handed. It's not as big of a deal on a rifle like a 55, but on something truly left handed....like a diana 75, now that's something special!

Reactions: Lewis
$761 was a good price with all the work (rebuild) that was supposedly done . I have a diana60 but it needs at least a new piston seal . That and a lube job since it is apart , Est. $200
I actually considered buying it And drive to Detroit to pick up 7.5 hours one way . but i did not . thinking i should have as it was a lefty .