• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

lefty Bullpup

I am left handed but I also shoot right handed.When I shoot my Veteran I shoot right handed but I reach over the top of gun and cock with my left hand. This works great for me because I like side focus scopes and can’t see or adjust focus wheel without moving my head much when shooting left handed. I made myself shoot both handed and it is very convienient when hunting or benchrest shooting . Plus it adds to the challenge of shooting at least In the beginning

i also have a Wildcat and the cocking lever is on the right side but it is so forward I can shoot it left handed and keep my left hand on the grip and cock it right handed without taking my eye off of the scope which also works great.

Just to know, I am right handed,butt my good eye is the left,I and I always shot a rifle left-handed, feels more comfortable to me,though I shoot a hand gun right handed ,properly because I can center "it" ...come to think about I do shoot with both eyes open,maybe the truth is I do not want to change my shooting style...it is great to know there are rifles out there that can work for us" lefties".

SOooo now I have another question for you left-handed shooters....do you find it easier to "cock" a right handed bullpup,than say a regular right handed repeater?I ask this because I do have some right handed repeaters,,some are not to bad,the ones that are hard either are heavy or the scope is interfering with my left hand when I go to cock them.I was thinking a bullpup might be a better choice for a new "friend".

Just to know, I am right handed,butt my good eye is the left,I and I always shot a rifle left-handed, feels more comfortable to me,though I shoot a hand gun right handed ,properly because I can center "it" ...come to think about I do shoot with both eyes open,maybe the truth is I do not want to change my shooting style...it is great to know there are rifles out there that can work for us" lefties".

Same here right handed, left eye dominant- I shoot handguns righty and rifles lefty. 

SOooo now I have another question for you left-handed shooters....do you find it easier to "cock" a right handed bullpup,than say a regular right handed repeater?I ask this because I do have some right handed repeaters,,some are not to bad,the ones that are hard either are heavy or the scope is interfering with my left hand when I go to cock them.I was thinking a bullpup might be a better choice for a new "friend".

Use your right hand to cock the rifle and keep your left hand on the hand grip. Don't try to reach over with your left hand. Personally I have my Veteran with left cocking as it's so far back the lever hits my cheek. Other guns like a FX carbine is setup for a right hand shooter and I still use my right hand to cock it - so easy. The only type of rifle I prefer to be fully setup left handed is a bolt action.

Ed from EdGun shoots lefty - take a look at his vids of how he shoots the R5 .30 single shot.

my hatsan bullboss is perfect for a lefty (me) the forward side lever is in just the right place for comfortable cocking.

my diana skyhawk is taking a bit of getting used to,

but ive been just putting the cocking lever in the corner of my mouth,

like where i would put my index finger when im shooting a recurve bow and i come to full draw and anchor.

so far working fine ☺️

I'm a south-paw too!

When shooting, I taught myself how to shoot 'right-handed', but IMO, 
If we're using a certain hand for firing, the charging/cocking levers 'should' be on the Opposite side..

My custom 10/22s have a custom setup that moves the lever to the left..
That way, I can rattle off shots and re-cock without taking my right finger off the trigger..

When air-gunning, I hold the grip right handed, then reach up and over with my left hand for the lever..
Annoying..
A left-sided lever would rock, and as mentioned above, a few companies were smart enough to do it.

This sort of thing isn't rocket science - It's just common sense. haha

🙂👍 

Sam -

Yes, if the bullpup has a forward lever. the magic is because the center of gravity on the bullpup is at the grip/trigger hand, not forward between the hands as with conventional rifles. So the rifle doesn't want to tip down when you remove the right hand to cock the gun. The other thing you have to look at is magazine placement. Many of these rifles put it right in the middle of a southpaw's cheek.

Giles of airgun shooting show fame showed some new bullpups in his coverage of the British Shooting show, and there were two or three marketed as being fully ambidextrous. Look it up on youtube.