• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Left Handed Problem - Almost

So while I'm completely right handed, for some crazy reason I've shot left handed since the early 70s, so long now there's no starting over. My lady purchased a FX Wildcat that's a blast to shoot, but I have to single load. Looking for a similar size rifle, two have stood out the most, the RTI Prophet 2/P3 and the Brocock Ghost HP. If you had to choose between the two, which and why?

Sounds like you are right handed and left eye dominant. I am as well and shoot lefty. So are a bunch other on here. I am a total mess when I try to shoot righty.

I've also had a Wildcat and I know the frustration you are going through with it shooting lefty. It's really the reason I never owned an Impact over the past 5 years. But there is a solution if you want to try it and keep your Wildcat.

This CARM mag has lower capacity but doesn't stick out as much and lets you get a more comfortable cheek rest. Worth checking out before buying a new airgun.

If I had to choose between the two other rifles I would probably go with the Ghost as I have experience with Daystate/Brocock. But everyone seems to really like the RTI airguns so neither one would probably be a 'bad' choice.

I think the cocking lever of the Prophet has to stay on the left side. The magazine isn't a problem, it goes side to side, but I like the cocking lever on the right so I and keep my trigger hand in place. Still it's a nice gun. I don't know anything about the Ghost really but I think that Iguana Solutions gal used one in 177.
I am left eye dominant and right handed. I liked my first P35, a 25 caliber, so much I bought a 177 and a 22 too. All three cost about what the guns you are talking about cost. They are shorter and lighter too.

Sounds like you are right handed and left eye dominant.
Actually I'm left eye dominant if I throw up my left hand pointer finger and it swaps if I toss up my right hand. No matter what we're talking about, if the word shoot is used I don't left handed. Bows, slingshots, guns or pool. Try finding a left handed pool stick! 🤣
Well the Wildcat is her rifle, so I need my very own because sometimes she don't want to share. Really, I don't wanna share. We want to shoot together rather than taking turns.
If I had to choose between the two other rifles I would probably go with the Ghost as I have experience with Daystate/Brocock. But everyone seems to really like the RTI airguns so neither one would probably be a 'bad' choice.
Yeah, they're both decent guns. I think being right handed that loading and cocking on the right side would be natural, so the Ghost gets a nod there.

I liked my first P35, a 25 caliber, so much I bought a 177 and a 22 too. All three cost about what the guns you are talking about cost. They are shorter and lighter too.
I'm supposed to be getting a modified SPA Artemis M16A so it's along the same line as the P35. Probably same action, barrel and such but with a tube and bullpup stock. Although I'm getting discouraged with the promise of the M16A because I was told a 2 week turnaround back in April. So far I've only received excuses.

Edit/add:
Well, excuses is not the only thing. I've had some really good conversations with the guy and he is always so positive. If the gun is half what he says, I'm sure I'll love it if I can get past the ugly. 🤣

Last edited:
I think a M16A is an interesting looking long PCP but the P35 is a short bullpup with center cocking. I've extended the LOP on mine and extended their shrouds a little so I can put a moderator in there and they are still just over 30 inches long. I would be surprised if SPA doesn't share some parts between guns, however. This is my P35-22 in a home made cherry stock (the wood will darken to about the color of the table top with sunlight exposure).

P35 cherry stock.jpg

I'm right-handed but left eye dominant and shoot my Wildcat with the mag in just fine. It touches my face, but is certainly not a deal breaker for me. I don't even notice it anymore.
Would it be great if FX would make a Wildcat that was truly ambidextrous---- absolutely, and if I were a betting man, the WC MK4 (when or if that happens) will be. Seeing how they went that route with the Panthera, it looks like they are thinking about us left handed shooters now.

Reactions: IRBent
I think a M16A is an interesting looking long PCP but the P35 is a short bullpup with center cocking. I've extended the LOP on mine and extended their shrouds a little so I can put a moderator in there and they are still just over 30 inches long. I would be surprised if SPA doesn't share some parts between guns, however. This is my P35-22 in a home made cherry stock (the wood will darken to about the color of the table top with sunlight exposure).

View attachment 364994
Carry that stock to the local tanning bed a few times and she'll be a beautiful dark red.