Left handed FX compatibility

This topic has been brought up many times on the forum. Some LH shooters will say it’s not a problem while others say it is a problem. 

The trick is to push your scope forward enough so your face will clear the mag. It helps to use a scope with a relatively short eye relief (3-3.5”) otherwise you will run out of scope rail to get everything positioned correctly. You may end up with an awkward shooting position, especially for bench shooting. 

Another option is to use smaller magazines (i.e CARM) or single shot tray.

Airgunmann (AGN member) was able to successfully switch the magazine position to insert from the left side. He had Orion (the iguana hunter) make a special magazine for him and then heavily modified the mag bracket. If FX or Saber could make a LH mag conversion kit that would solve a lot of problems for us lefties…hint hint.

You will also need to get an ambidextrous cheek piece from ebay, or buy the LH cheek riser from K&L.

Hope this helps.

I have an M3 with lefty furniture. Even with the big magazines, I have no issue. They do touch my face but are not uncomfortable in any way.

IMG_1402.1648771550.JPG

Just out of curiosity. With the design of the impact rear block, couldn’t a company design a lefty side shot system with mag? Seems like it wouldn’t be too tough, and would drastically improve the feel of the gun for lefties, especially paired with the ambi cocking block.

Totally agree. Orion can make the high capacity magazines that insert from the left with correct mag rotation and all. Now we just need someone to make a LH mag bracket. I wonder if something like that could be 3D printed…hmmmm.

Just out of curiosity. With the design of the impact rear block, couldn’t a company design a lefty side shot system with mag? Seems like it wouldn’t be too tough, and would drastically improve the feel of the gun for lefties, especially paired with the ambi cocking block.

Totally agree. Orion can make the high capacity magazines that insert from the left with correct mag rotation and all. Now we just need someone to make a LH mag bracket. I wonder if something like that could be 3D printed…hmmmm.

Could the bracket be 3d printed?? Hmmmm

I absolutely can’t imagine pushing the scope forward so that you get in front of the mag? With the already elevated pic rail and med to high rings, simply get an adjustable cheek piece and ride right over the top of the mag!
It’s like putting your head between two great big!…… feather pillows👊🏼 Anyway very comfy! Wouldn’t change a thing! 

Reactions: Chichi
29E2E5C0-EEA5-4312-AAA2-3BA27E32A5F2.1648825409.jpeg
07DC0C67-D3DC-447B-831C-CA77F44694DD.1648824635.jpeg
Here’s a picture of Jayson shooting his left handed set up. I’m sure anyone could 3D print just about anything. I’m real surprised FX hasn’t addressed the left handed need. After all Fredrick is a left handed shooter. 
Some of us righty’s have compassion for the needs of lefty’s. I’ve included a picture of the thumb rest I built for Jayson. We since change it, building it larger. 

Mrshosted,

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!! The K&L cheek riser is a pretty good option as I mentioned above. Unfortunately K&L no longer offers the cheek riser on their website. Not sure if they discontinued making it, or just sold out and took them off the website until they get caught back up. I'd still like to see a better option or conversion kit coming straight from FX.

John

Lefty here and I appreciated the pics and discussion a TON on this topic.

Looking for a impactM3 and doing all the research before I squeeze the trigger on one.

Im just trying to justify 2k! I know I know, hobbies do that and I won’t hesitate to purchase one BUT..
Im trying to get a feel from the community on how it has been performing, issues, thing to watch out for when buying, etc etc..

When purchasing, who’s the best to PURCHASE FROM??

Reactions: 450BM
Lefty here and I appreciated the pics and discussion a TON on this topic.

Looking for a impactM3 and doing all the research before I squeeze the trigger on one.

Im just trying to justify 2k! I know I know, hobbies do that and I won’t hesitate to purchase one BUT..
Im trying to get a feel from the community on how it has been performing, issues, thing to watch out for when buying, etc etc..

When purchasing, who’s the best to PURCHASE FROM??
I was worried about a Maverick being left handed and it's magazine is top loaded. I put on a Saber Tactical butt stock and the magazine is a non issue.

I shoot from my left shoulder and shot an Impact only once. I'm sure it was at least in part the scope position but it was VERY uncomfortable. I just about could not see through the scope. Mag was right in my face. It's hard for me to believe my big head would ever be able to be comfortable behind the scope regardless of how far forward it was and how small the mag was. I prefer the cocking handle on the right, however, so that was not an issue.

I have pretty much decided that if FX doesn't want to make a rifle I can shoot there are enough other people who do consider lefties I will not worry about it. My leading candidate is a RTI prophet. But the Uragan is also lefty friendly and there are other eastern Europe PCPs that want some business from lefties. Right now I am enjoying my 3 P35s. They are not expensive rifles but they have forward cocking, the trigger can be adjusted to be pretty light and crisp, they are quiet without a moderator, they are accurate and they only weight 5.2 lbs.

Reactions: maxtrouble
I shoot lefty, been shooting right-handed guns all my life, finally started to get some lefty models.
Here is what I think= fook them companies that only make right handed models,never will I buy from them again!
My opinion has nothing to do with will it work or not, separate but equal was wrong and still is wrong....
I know who makes left-hand guns, be it 30-06 270.22 or pellet guns..seek and you shall find....I refuse to compromise ever again.