• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leave in or remove Co2 cartridge from Crossman 2240

Hi Jim ... thanks for the interesting info. I checked out the Crosman 180 online, it's an interesting airgun. Glad you still have it and can enjoy it. I have a 40 year old Beeman springer that's has 10's of thousands of pellets thru it, and thank goodness, it still shoots perfectly, still looks beautiful, that was a great investment. All those hours of entertainment for the cost of the rifle and pellets, and the rifle is worth more today than I paid for it new.

I had carts stick in two 2240 types, both new guns, and me being new to the type, had probably shot them to the point where there was no pressure left. I ended up having to disassemble the guns to remove and the were really stuck to the piercing pin, actually had to hold the valve in a vise and grip the cart with some vise grip pliers and drive off with a small hammer. I then polisthed the pins to a mirror finish and have had no more problems. I do not completly exhaust a cart before removing but when power seems to drop and I can unscrew the cap holding the cart by finger pressure, it comes out.

The S&W 78, and I think 79 does not have that problem as the cart is in the grip and the piercing pin cap is on the bottom of the grip and if the cart should stick, it would be to the cap which is easy to remove.