• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Least Favorite Pellet

Time to shake things up in the forum again🥴🤣🤪🤙
So many posts about your favorite pellets...🤔
Makes me wonder about the other end of the spectrum a bit.
Now of I HAD to pick one....

The Gamo Silent Cat, black coated .177 pointed...

Only because some of my slingers REALLY don't like them.
My P17 won't even launch them out of the barrel(but my 880 will sling them decently)😅
Let's hear it; what pellets are you all steering clear of?*reasons?
🤣no hate allowed in here, just preferences🤓🤙

Reactions: Triglav
JSB redesigned, no hate, just my current dislike of my latest purchased tins. Inconsistent is the politest word I can do! 😉
Weight? Cal.?🤔
*here in this thread; we are going to find out which pellets overall are not that great....hopefully**more archive info so to speak

Reactions: JohanG and Spinach
Booo crosman pirahna. Why i buy anything other than the cphp is beyond me.
I use my leftover (got gifted some and got some when first starting out)Piranhas for leading up barrels(shooting point blank into a trap) bc they don't quite fly like u want them to, but they do what I want them to do inside of the barrel🤣

Reactions: muddydogz
I like them better in my .22, but too tight in my .177 i really got to mash them in . I dont like that. The .22's slide in nicely

If a guy had a loose leade they probly do better.. but ya there secondary to cphp..

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Previous redesigned have been ok, this latest 10 tins are a pile of scrap. Manufactured 2022.

I can name many bad pellets I've tried but on not many occasions have I seen such a decline in a regular user.

Time to test some H&N.
Name em!😅🥴🤪🤙
That's what this thread is for👀🤷‍♂️
I buy test tins...just 1 tin though not a sleeve😅
☝️☝️☝️ Enough said! Garbage!,
I'm almost out of them...just gotta bring myself to sling them😑🤣
.22 H&N FTTs

I know, I know....They shoot great for some people.

But they have never shot well in ANY of my guns, and I have wasted a lot of time and money trying to force them to.

But never again! :LOL: o_O :unsure:
What head size were you using? I went to order more and didn't realize there were different sizes🥴
Size them with calipers?
Or swage?
From what size to what size?😅👀
😅

Screenshot_20230614-225347.png

Worst pellet I've ever tried to shoot. 8-15inch "groups" at 50 yards, from a barrel that would put ten quality pellets into a dime at the same 50 yards.

I dont really size but if i drop a pellet in the leade and it just doesn't look or feel or dropps in too deep (small) i just cull it.

I do think theres truth in a consistent gun+ consistent pellets = consistent shots . Also im a shoot one pellet and learn to shoot it well. ( + The cheaper i can do , the better / cphp)😉

P.s...

Worse pellet ive used are daisy pointed .177. Renowned for the 7" flyers