• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Learning experience at work..

We have this bird at work that likes to fight himself in the mirrors of the cars/trucks at work, poo's on the sides of their vehicles (including mine) I work in a medium size machine shop. They all know I'm into BB guns (as they call them and make fun of my "BB" guns) last week they rant and raved over this pest bird... which is a cardinal by the way...my state bird... I refused to bring my BB gun to work... told them you might as well bring your rimfire shooting subs in...basically the same thing... I was told I was full of sh!t... so I invited them out to the farm this weekend... 5 show up Saturday afternoon... I gathered up my dreamline compact tuned to shoot 17.5gr slugs. RTI 177 Prophet compact shooting 13.43gr slugs. RTI 22 Prophet (wifes)shooting 18gr JSB pellets and a RTI Prophet 22 (full size) shooting 25.4gr pellets. To top it off a sam yang 45cal shooting 196gr slugs... heading to my range that has targets from 10 yards to 300 yards... and turned them loose...
It was a great afternoon of shooting and education on what a BB gun really is..
At the end of the day we all agreed to keep my rifles at home (especially the 45cal) ... and just fold the car/truck mirrors in and finally the poor young male cardinal will move on..
They had no idea of the power level of a PCP... I do have 12pfe to 20fpe rifles in various calibers but I wanted to prove a point with the 30fpe+ rifles..

Last edited:
I had one of those aggressive cardinals wake me up at dawn for about a month this spring, attacking his reflection in the window. I never really came up with a good way to make it stop, and just had to bear with it until he found his mate or got eaten by a hawk or something. Shooting it entered my mind, but here in Ohio it's a crime, and shooting a hole in the glass would annoy the missus.

Last edited: