• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leapers 4-16x44 Compact: QUESTION

Hi, guys.
I bought a Leapers 4-16x44 Compact scope and I have a question regarding the reticle.
I asked the retailer and he could not answer me (?!?!!!).
I wrote Leapers twice in the course of 5 days and no reply. So I'm hoping I can get a reply from you...
The reticle is mil-dot and it has 9 reference points in every direction. They are lines and dots alternating, like a Hawke half-mildot reticle. But they cannot tell me if this IS a half mil-dot reticle or every reference point on it (every line and dot) represents a regular mil-dot.
As you can imagine, the difference between those two is quite significant to say the least...
I cannot try to measure myself, as they could not tell at what magnification exactly the mil-dot reticle can be used for range finding... It's like a vicious circle...
I used the Strelok App and compared its readings on both mil-dot and half-mil reticles (included in the app) with the actual shooting results of my Kalibrgun Cricket .25. According to the results, my scope's reticle should be 9 mil-dot, not half mil-dot...
Does anyone have the same scope or know anything on this subject?
Thanks in advance.

All the Leapers/UTG scopes I have shot are one mildot is about 3.6 inches at 10X power (at 100 yards) . Set up a 25 yard/meter target. Shoot dead center at 10X power. Shoot then with a 2 mildot holdover at 10X power. If the strike changes 1.8 inches, then what you believe is a mildot, is indeed a mildot. If the difference is Twice what you expect, then those "in between" hash marks are actually mildots. Best of luck, 4 shots should tell the full story.

Thanks for your replies :)
I read the manual, it was somewhat ambiguous in the reticle reading part.
This morning I finally received a reply from the UTG team, there has been a heavy windstorm and it knocked out their power, hence the delay.
Mil-dot to mil-dot = 2 mils.
Hash mark to hash mark = 2 mils.
Hash mark to mil-dot = 1 mil.
So it's not a 1/2 mil-dot scope, distance from one marking to the next on the reticle is one mil.