Leaning towards 30 cal what you think ?

I am really enjoying my FX Impact in .30 cal. with the 700mm barrel. It is extremely accurate and repeatable and carries a really good punch downrange for me within 100 yards (my hunting range limit). Popping 13 grey squirrels on the ground in the head at 85 yards a few months back seemed effortless using a Titan scope maxed out.. Nice clean holes, too. It is also great for coyotes, bobcats, coons, ground hogs and turkeys too at good ranges. Much better than a .25 cal punch and bucks the wind really well also.

Inside 100 with pellets very healthy THUMP, Slugs a tad farther.

IMO the .30's due to frontal area there draggy and really drop a lot more than the smaller calibers. IMO the .22 is king for a versatile target to med duty hunter having far and away the greatest choice in pellets or slugs available today.

Solid advice.

How about a platform you can have both within minutes?... Just an idea...

Patrick

I just bought a dreamline with the grs stock today. Only shot at 50 yds for a few shots before dark. Gun shoots that’s for sure but the barrel seems quite flexible. I have a hatsan carnivore too and it’s much tougher built but heavy and not as accurate. Overall I like the 30s but they suck air down fast and cost a bit more to shoot. Hunting wise I probably still prefer my .25. 

My Airgun hunting buddy bought a Dreamline Tactical in .30 with 600mm barrel. It has awesome precision with the JSB 44 grain. It’s fun to watch him make ragged one hole groups at 50 yards. It really thumps ground squirrels too. The down side is that is quite a lot louder than my .22 Impact or Crown. He’s using the DonnyFL FX that came with the rifle. A larger modifier might be better. It also sucks down lots of air if you tune it up and those pellets are significantly more expensive than the .22 pellets. I like his .30 and the power it has. I wouldn’t recommend it if it was your only air rifle but as an addition to your .22 it would be a fun tool/ toy to have.

The Impact is a good platform for multiple calipers and has ample power to push larger calibers. I use the .30 setup for my hunting trips and then convert over to a 600mm .25 cal with a lower tune for pesting and plinking around the homestead. A 22 cal would work as well, but I like casting only .25 cal and up as those are just easier for me to cast and recycle lead with.

My .30 cal impact will outshoot my .25 cal impact all day long. Both are tuned. I've spent considerably more time tuning the .25 to get it accurate, whereas the .30 is very forgiving on the tune. The .30 has been one hole with the 44 grain pellets at 50 yards. It shoots slugs very well also. The only downside is it's considerably more expensive to shoot, uses way more air than my .25, and has noticeably more recoil in the scope.