Leaky FX Dreamline tac

My FX Dreamline Tac has been my pandemic playmate. I received the gun the second week in April and immediately started tuning it. Fortunately I can shoot in my back yard, so my tweaking and tuning became manic. Long story short after a couple of upgrades, a whole bunch of adjusting and 3,000 pellets, I've developed an air leak. The gun was running fine last Monday and then I took the barrel off for cleaning. When I put it back together I noticed the gun wasn't holding pressure. I've cleaned the barrel twice before with no problem. The only difference was this time I experimented with a dry barrel mop which turned out to be very tight. I ran it through once and then went back to my normal cleaning technique - An Otis pull-through kit with patches dampened by WD-40.

My two upgrades are an FX Power Plenum and a Huma Air gauge for the regulator. The Power Plenum installed without a problem. The initial installation of the Huma gauge resulted in some leakage which I remedied with a second, supplied, O-ring over the top of the factory X-ring, which has worked fine for over three weeks.

Now when I attempt to charge the air tank (480 cc CF) I can hear a leak when I put my ear near the chamber and the tank loses all pressure in just a few minutes.

So my friends, where did I screw up? Does anybody know of a source for the X-rings that go in under the regulator gauge?

99.9% chance it is your valve seat. The valve seat is the week spot on these guns. My buddies Dream-Tac developed the same leak on his after only 500 shots. the valve seat had cracked. Contact FX USA about the issue and they will send you a new seat. Your other mods won't cause air to leak out the breech only a bad valve seal will do that.

I had the same problem in my Streamilne. And sometimes is very dificult to detect the leak in the valve seat.

FX Sweden sent me a new valve seat.

My FX Dreamline Tac has been my pandemic playmate. I received the gun the second week in April and immediately started tuning it. Fortunately I can shoot in my back yard, so my tweaking and tuning became manic. Long story short after a couple of upgrades, a whole bunch of adjusting and 3,000 pellets, I've developed an air leak. The gun was running fine last Monday and then I took the barrel off for cleaning. When I put it back together I noticed the gun wasn't holding pressure. I've cleaned the barrel twice before with no problem. The only difference was this time I experimented with a dry barrel mop which turned out to be very tight. I ran it through once and then went back to my normal cleaning technique - An Otis pull-through kit with patches dampened by WD-40.

My two upgrades are an FX Power Plenum and a Huma Air gauge for the regulator. The Power Plenum installed without a problem. The initial installation of the Huma gauge resulted in some leakage which I remedied with a second, supplied, O-ring over the top of the factory X-ring, which has worked fine for over three weeks.

Now when I attempt to charge the air tank (480 cc CF) I can hear a leak when I put my ear near the chamber and the tank loses all pressure in just a few minutes.

So my friends, where did I screw up? Does anybody know of a source for the X-rings that go in under the regulator gauge?

Hi DaveT1,

Sorry to hear about the leak in your impact, if you could please contact our customer service at [email protected] or call into our North Carolina location +1 866 639 0772, we can have customer service and or a technician help trouble shoot the difficulties you are experiencing. 

Regards,

FX USA Customer Service Support 

Just a quick update on my problem. I contacted FX USA concerning the leak and they diagnosed it as a broken valve seal. They sent the replacement parts and I installed them with the help of 910 Airgun and Repair on Youtube.

Thanks to everybody who contributed ideas and to FX USA for being helpful and timely with their technical assistance and 910 Airgun for his excellent videos. Now I can get back to enjoying sheltering in place...