Leaking Nova Vista Freedom

I bought a fixer upper from ATI for 100$. I figured worst case I would have to rebuild a pump or replace a seal or two. Sounds like a fun project for a cold winters day right? Well it was till I got to the part where stamped on the side of the gun by the pressure gauge say Warning do not remove...well...to fix the leak, the only problem with this gun so far that I found, I had to remove the valve body which has the pin/rod through it. To get to this leak the air cylinder has to be removed as does the pump assembly. Then the pressure gauge, hold down pin that goes through the valve assembly and then the valve assembly can be removed. On the front of the valve assembly is a clear hard o-ring and at the rear of it to my surprise and dismay is putty, not an o-ring but freaking PUTTY!!! My guess is that from having a built in pump and no way of removing moisture from the air, the brass valve assembly started turning green and the corrosion caused the putty to fail. The leak started off just draining the guns pressure for 1000 psi to zero overnight then within a couple months of very impressive accuracy from this gun and performance, it became a matter of minutes till just stopped holding air even from the bottle I often filled it with to save on pump life. I plan on gifting this gun to my grandchildren because they won’t need a support system to supply it with air and besides that it is a great gun for an kid to learn and grow with, especially with the dual power knob and adjustable hammer spring. Low power yields more shots and at a more kid friendly speed and power level. I really would love to know what this putty is or how to fix this remarkable air gun for them. I can’t find any information readily out there in on these issues like seal sizes and hardness for the front seal and or if a seal is an option for where Nova Vista used this putty. The putty color was green but so was the heavy corrosion that covered it and the entire valve body. Any help with this problem would be very much appreciated. Thanks. You can e-mail me at [email protected] or I can print from [email protected] please feel free to text me also if easier at 724-317-4021 if PM’d on this site hopefully I will be notified. I’m not tech savvy and basically a caveman stuck in a digital world so I apologize ahead of time for that. Lucky I can do this much really. Thanks again.

Hello heath

See if you can open this pdf

It is a copy of the Assembly Instructions/parts diagram for the Seneca Aspen (same rifle as the Nova Freedom)

An important note about O Rings is essential to reading this document

The manufacturer used a format of cross section & outside diameter whereas the rest of the world uses a format of cross section & inside diameter

A little arithmetic sorts things out.

Hope this helps you on your way to repairs.

With luck; others more knowledgeable than i will chime in

Ed

download.png
View attachment 1580421882_9507685565e3352fa56f5d4.30392573_AssemblyForSenecaAspen.1.pdf

Hi Heath,

Thanks for posting this. I too have the same issue with one of my parts guns. The seal is like putty and green. Am wondering what type of seal was used as it looks to me as there is a reaction to something, being a metal to seal reaction with HPA, assembly grease, condensation etc.? Interestingly the outer seal appears to be silicone. First time into a Freedom so just surmising. Wonder what type of seal is the proper type.