• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leak spray???

This is what I use, I got it at Lowe’s, it’s viscous so it clings and show them tiny bubbles.

1589994635_17736796965ec5648b592651.60356973.jpeg

I'm sure the purpose built stuff is best, but I've had good luck with any medium viscosity oil, assuming I can get the applicator to the joint. I've never used WD-40, but it seems that something a little thicker would stay in place longer to disclose a small, slow leak. I've always heard of soapy water too, but I would only use it if the location can be thoroughly dried afterward. 

HOWS ABOUT THIS ONE THEN JUST FREAKING TAKING A LONGSHOT WILD GUESS HERE... for people with THERMAL IMAGING DEVICES... Empty your air ALL OF IT then put your gun in the FREEZER (not quite as extreme as ED though) maybe for an hour or 2 then get ready to fill it up with your tank quicker than normal to get the fire burning inside that air tube till full- quickly now then check it with your thermal imaging device in a dark room or closet. Even ARNOLD would be proud of THIS PREDATOR... Yo!

Too bad there isn't something like a dye to add to the air cylinder so you can use a black light to see where its leaking from. Anybody come up with this I get royalties!!! Yo!

Kinda like with AC systems, florescent UV dye. Or you could use an Ultrasonic Diagnostic Tool like for finding leaks in Air brake lines

https://tracerproducts.com/tp-9367l-marksman-ii/

I admit the leak detector I used; barely barely revealed my slow leak. It showed only very very tiny bubbles. I was about just place the whole gun in the bath tub filled with water. I was about to ask about potential implications but refrained due to the potential for embarrassment. Depending on leak location, leak detectors will not work.

There's No such thing as stupid questions. Only stupid answers. Yo!