That would be correct, Biden already said he would sign the bill. Nationwide ban. However the delay is conservation. As most of us know most conservation programs are funded directly from the sale of Ammo and hunting/fishing license. In California for example, hunting license sales are down 70%. THey are struggling to get funding for the programs they need to work with the very animals they “protect”. Not to mention that after 10 years the science shows no difference in lead levels in the great condor. But we all know it had nothing to do with the condor to begin with.

In California, I have not been able to find a safe, suitable replacement for lead core ammo that will be accurate, have a good BC and kill humanely every time. In 22LR for example you have three choices. Nothing over 21gr and can’t shoot past 35-50 yards. Terrible. So California gets what they want, less hunting.

Last edited:
Few threads already on this topic. LEAD Act was introduced and an EO about lead anmo on federal lands as of late ( unsigned as of now) . LEAD Act is more slippery though, tries to group air into powder. Bunk science and bad data sets are being used to bolster the case; bald eagles were thrown into a news story about lead ammo recently. Keep an eye on these Acts and regulations, not a far stretch to just drop in a fpe restriction too, just sayin’.

Reactions: fuznut and SHOMER
Bureaucratic over lords crushing a legally taxed free market commence to create a tax less black market system. An example the 1919 Volstead Prohibition Enforcement Act. Which in turn created, funded the original Chicago outfit and birthed the modern mafia. "A kind word only goes so far, a kind word and a gun goes a lot further" ~Al Capone 1924

It is only a matter of time before the airgun industry sees more oversight and regulation - whether it's focused ammunition (lead ban) or being lumped into firearm categories for buying/selling and use rules. And this will only be sped up as airguns get more powerful, and have fully automatic models, and get more popular.
I would think that instead of fighting these regulations outright, we'd want to push to establish airgun-specific regulations to keep bills like this from lumping in airguns with all things firearms.

Reactions: BurntDog
It’s not phasing out lead ammo, it’s phasing out hunters and the use of the scary wild eyed gun toting boogie man in the forest in the fall. Lol
He's not wrong. The gov has been trying to stop folks from harvesting their own meat since the '70's I believe. There was a recent bill that didn't pass within the last 5 yrs to attempt to ban harvesting meat as well as growing your own veggies/fruit. I mysteriously can't find any info on it within the couple min's I looked to confirm the '70's. My late pops told me when I mentioned the latest attempt. Guerilla Fam. I can go on about bans on farmers and the like that is currently taking place but this isn't that type of forum. Cheers! lol

*Invest in copper. hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
The people who want to ban lead ammunition have an agenda and they’re not shy about it. Most, if not all, have no idea that a change in the makeup of components will usually negatively impact accuracy and bullet/pellet performance. But even if they knew, they wouldn’t care.

Because really, all they’re interested in is making life hard for shooters. All shooters.

And this is where I stop, lest I fly too close to the sun and perish through the wrath of moderators.

Reactions: tibor
The people who want to ban lead ammunition have an agenda and they’re not shy about it. Most, if not all, have no idea that a change in the makeup of components will usually negatively impact accuracy and bullet/pellet performance. But even if they knew, they wouldn’t care.

Because really, all they’re interested in is making life hard for shooters. All shooters.

And this is where I stop, lest I fly too close to the sun and perish through the wrath of moderators.
Control and feeling impowered ruling over others. <---- That is what should be frowned upon and regulated.

Reactions: AirGunShooter
Lead, evil lead.. Why do they want to do this? For the environment? Hel1 no! It is drive up the cost of hunting so that only the elites ( rich) can hunt / shoot.
In SC there is a sporting clays operation. ( Laurens County) ALL the stands are located over a creek.. Now you tell me. Clay birds toxic? Lead Toxic? Where is DHEC? Where are all the dead animals that ingest the number 8's? Lies my friends, lies.. Keep voting..

Lead, evil lead.. Why do they want to do this? For the environment? Hel1 no! It is drive up the cost of hunting so that only the elites ( rich) can hunt / shoot.
In SC there is a sporting clays operation. ( Laurens County) ALL the stands are located over a creek.. Now you tell me. Clay birds toxic? Lead Toxic? Where is DHEC? Where are all the dead animals that ingest the number 8's? Lies my friends, lies.. Keep voting..
Lead comes from the ground in nature it's not a manmade processed chemicals nor is it comparable to fossil fuel two different processes (one is buried deep the other near the surface).

Reactions: qball and mercado
Lead does some crazy stuff to humans when ingested or breathed. Pilgrims ( sealed food cans with lead) people went nuts. Vapors from lead smelting not good for lungs.. Flint MI.... You know what happened! Handling lead pellets is not a good idea.
The thing is, don’t breath or ingest lead. A common misconception is that melting lead will cause harmful vapors. This is not necessarily true. In order for that to occur, the lead must be heated far beyond the temperatures used by most. Also, people should feel free to touch pellets, or lead of any sort, for that matter. Just make it a habit to wash your hands after handling your pellets and you’ll be fine. Lead, despite its negative press, is not the health or environmental boogie man that it is oftentimes made out to be.

The thing is, don’t breath or ingest lead. A common misconception is that melting lead will cause harmful vapors. This is not necessarily true. In order for that to occur, the lead must be heated far beyond the temperatures used by most. Also, people should feel free to touch pellets, or lead of any sort, for that matter. Just make it a habit to wash your hands after handling your pellets and you’ll be fine. Lead, despite its negative press, is not the health or environmental boogie man that it is oftentimes made out to be.
Regards to handling pellets/slugs keep in mind how many time you touch other items like food, smoking or just touching your face. Best to use a lead removing soap because regular soap won't remove nearly as well and there's a product called gloves in a bottle that won't wash off and will prevent lead contamination on your hands skin (still need to wash hands after). To each their own do your best to stay safe and of course it depends what your budget allows within reason.

Reactions: qball