• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lead won't penetrate your skin - BUT

Got some of this stuff today. Better safe than sorry I guess. It's true that lead won't penetrate your skin - BUT - your skin (i.e. hands) can carry lead into your body through your mouth, your eyes, etc. Like I said, better safe than sorry! Got it from https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CF77Q3N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They have two sizes.

81GBpnhj4JL._AC_SL1500_.1647899455.jpg

Reactions: Peskådot671
I hate to admit it but as a kid I used to put pellets in my mouth for a quick reload. Also lead can penetrate your skin. Somewhere between 4 and 8 hundred feet per second.

I remember putting split shot in my mouth when I was fishing. The ones that had the little ears on the back so you could remove the split shot. I remember years ago at work I had to make a bunch of submarine ballast out of lead. Had to make the molds first then melt the lead and pour it in and after they cooled had to drill and counterbore screw holes at an angle on them. My hands were black every day for about a month. I don’t even worry Handling pellets Anymore because the damage probably has already been done.

I see a number of people have replied to this thread. I don't know what a dangerous dosage of lead is even. I see people really worried about handling pellets. If you're that worried about lead poisoning maybe you should just leave off shooting? Honestly if you simply keep your hands out of your mouth at the bench and wash them before you eat your supper. Maybe refrain from picking your nose while you're shooting, you'll probably be just fine. 😏😉