FX Lead sled Or Bench Rest For???

I built my own one-piece rest ones learned what all would cost me a custom order....

20230516_190445.jpg

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Not a one piece but this is what I normally use. Same bipod worried man uses and a home made elevation and windage adjustable monopod. I first made a simpler monopod that is only elevation adjustable. Both fit into an "uncle Mike"s" style sling base in the gun. The top is two 1/4 inch all thread couplers welded together and ground a bit at the top to fit in the sling base. On the simple one it is just a carriage bolt with a furniture pad on the bottom and a brass thumb screw jamb nutted to the bolt. The windage adjustment is made from another two couplers welded together in an L shape. The vertical one has the threads drilled out and a piece of all thread just set in it. The horizontal coupler rides a piece of all thread that is locked at one end to the little frame holding the pieces together. Pretty simple and quite cheap and it works! I shot as well with the simple monopod but in shooting a bench rest target I spent significant time repositioning for each shot. Simpler to just turn a thumb screw. I also shot as well with a Caldwell Rock BR front rest and a monopod or bag in the rear. The rock would probably work for your guns but getting a front bag that fits your guns well might be a challenge. One great thing about the bipod and monopod is they are so light and compact I can just put them in my rifle case when headed to the range. Rests, ammo, and guns all in one bag.

windage monopod on 22.jpg

You folks have some great ideas and executions but bigHUN is over the top. WOW. I have been looking seriously at the lead sled type rest but using it reversed. All of these type have the front higher than the back and for the Impact or AEA SF the front needs to be lower and the back needs to be higher. REVERSE of normal. Thanks for all your input. JimD like the idea but will have to shop for a decent bipod that I don't have to sell m y first born to get. Again thanks all BTW worried man, how is Anjoite UUQ bipod holding up

Dunk,
JimD has it pictured in his post. Paid $70 (Amazon) few years back after forum hot tip, think they sell now for $66. Never owned a bipod before, refused to pay north of $300 for one, jumped on this after several trusted members said good deal. I love it, use it on four of my PCPs that are set up for bipods. In JimD's picture, pressing those clips will extend carbon fiber legs to 12 inches. Solid lockup for legs, push silver button to release swing backward or forward. Barely see (front) the little round black ball on tip of arm to release so gun can tilt side to side. Only downside was new M3's factory trigger guard/picatinny rail was too recessed for Anjoite so bought $99. K&L generation 2.2 trigger guard. Highly recommend Anjoite UUQ. WM

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Here's a half hour or so modification that will make a Caldwell Lead Sled fit just about anything, at any length or height. It will drop the forestock down to the green bar if spaced accordingly. The bar is a 1" square tube, 6" long, appropriate nut and bolt, and with strategically drilled holes to move pieces around as necessary to fit the stock or bottle.
IMG_20231021_200955214~2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8tshooter