• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lead pellets in mouth.

When I was a kid I used to play with the Mercury from broken thermometers. Pretty neat stuff, or so I thought. What was I saying??? Well anyway, I don’t put pellets in my mouth, but I have “held” them between my lips. Living in CA is bad for your health btw. There’s a scientific study linking death to being alive, true story, the leading cause of death is being alive in the first place. What wasI saying.......

Putting/carrying lead pellets in my mouth in the 1960s definitely caused my dementia, forgetfulness, crankiness, and generally anti-social demeanor; even though I stopped putting lead in my mouth when it became common-knowledge it can have long-term health risks. By then I was putting things in my mouth that have short AND long-term health risks... but I'm sure my 'issues' are lead related!

Some say that is symptoms of being married.

You can always move to Flint,Michigan to build up your tolerence...although,being native to the general area,the most Common cause from health related lead exposure aint from drinkin,bathing or cookin with the municipal water supply. Not to mention,said exposure has much faster effects on ones well being. Soo...

Still beats California. I believe they have recently concluded that saliva causes oral cancer. SMDH.

Mike.

Exposure to heavy metals is not healthy. Now not everyone is going to show symptoms especially when dosages are low. Holding pellets in your mouth is not a wise thing to do but it’s not something you would do everyday of your life (like smoking) so STATISTICALLY the chances of injury is low. However the only way to know is to be tested. It’s like illnesses associated with smoking or for that matter any bad habit it an increased risk. I suggest it increased your risk some small amount 

Back in my teenage years..(late 1970's/early 80s) we shot a lot of Airguns and I can remember many, many times putting lead pellets in our mouths. Never had any health issues related to lead, and I am %100 not worried at all about it. Pretty sure something else will get me when its my time.. I agree that breathing lead fumes and worse yet, fine lead dust is probably a sure way to get a serious lead exposure. A pellet is pretty inert, and it isn't like we had them in our mouths all day. My middle son had elevated lead levels in his bloodstream after we did a bathroom renovation in our 100+ year old house. Whole room was sealed very well w/plastic & tape and he still got exposed. Finished the renovation and waited 6 months for another blood test. Lead levels came right back down to normal, and he's fine. The doctor told us that your body will get rid of the lead on its own, through breathing, peeing, etc... Don't worry about it.