Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
Does anyone have any experience shooting the H&N or Predator lead-free pellets?

IMG_9309.jpg

Tried Baracuda Greens (part of H&N sample pack) in Benjamin Trail NP XL. Sonic crack like a .22 rimfire had neighbors coming to investigate. Have enough problems with neighborhood "Karens" to ever try again. WM
Just tell them that crack is Iguana's mating. Two male iguana's that is, that'll make it ok.

• Haha
Reactions: Larryt and longdog
Just tell them that crack is Iguana's mating. Two male iguana's that is, that'll make it ok.
Live in a semi-rural area that used to have lots of PB shooting until newly arrived "Karens" insisted Sheriff enforce the ordinances. Crack like a rimfire .22 sent them racing to investigate, not worth the hassle to me. WM

• Sad
Reactions: MysticalDragon
Live in a semi-rural area that used to have lots of PB shooting until newly arrived "Karens" insisted Sheriff enforce the ordinances. Crack like a rimfire .22 sent them racing to investigate, not worth the hassle to me. WM
I shoot them well under the SB and they just drill like crazy, haven't used them for actual pesting.

Ok, that explains it, I'm using a PCP, Maverick .22 Compact, I can turn them down from Warp Speed.
Bigger fan of the .25 and .30 in PCP, only two .22s, Benjamin NP XL and Taipan Veteran Standard. Never tried lead-free in Veteran, JSB 18.1s make this most consistently accurate PCP I own, so I'm happy with that. WM

I shoot unleaded all the time. I don't _need_ to shoot the lead pellets, and can afford what little I shoot so unleaded becomes less of a perceived problem than handling and collecting all the lead. I haven't tried the Olympia brand yet, and the plastic sabot kind don't seem to do well in my guns, but H&N, Predator, Winchester (_very_ light) and Gamo PBA (too expensive!) unleaded diabolo style pellets are very uniform and well made, and in .177 and .22 there are enough different ones that a gun can find a favorite. The ballistics aren't as good as lead, so they don't shoot accurately as far as lead (maybe 2/3 as far), but how far do you need to shoot? At shorter distances the misses are all mine, not the pellet. And for more umph on or distance to target I can just grab a bigger caliber gun. I'm happy with them, but can see they aren't for everyone. No unleaded slugs yet, unless you cast your own ;-)

Reactions: longdog
NOTOS MIGHT BE GOING LEAD FREE.

Just received a Notos today. Primary duty is 18 yard pesting rodents at a bird feeder.
It's raining steady, all day, so I stuck a 2.5x Primary Arms prism on it. I really like it for this 18y task. My PP700 loves 16 gr AA, so I started there.
I ordered some Baracuda Green with my Notos because of this thread. They did VERY well. The two that went left are most likely me.
Because of the rain I am supporting the rifle on a window ledge while in sitting on a bench. Not the most stable or comfortable.
I have GTO's arriving this week.

These targets are shot from the facorty magazine and all 7 shots in each.