Lead free slugs?

I've been attempting to locate information on any " Lead-Free Slugs ".

The below old information posted on " You Tube ", has been the only " Documented " information I could find.

Lead-free slugs????? MADNESS!!!!!​

Jan 24, 2020 What would you all say to me if I told you Predator/JSB were bringing a lead-free slug to market? You'd call me crazy. You all would publicly stone me. Well hold on to your stones and hang up on the nut house, cause here they are...

Reactions: pdxFrank
Going from solid lead to solid copper shouldn't be a giant leap for manufacturers. Copper is maybe 20% more expensive than lead.
Do you think copper could be too hard for barrels? I've heard that copper jacketed pellets are generally less accurate because of it and could also potentially damage barrels. And that's only a copper coating, not solid copper like slugs would be.

I've been attempting to locate information on any " Lead-Free Slugs ".

The below old information posted on " You Tube ", has been the only " Documented " information I could find.

Lead-free slugs????? MADNESS!!!!!​

Jan 24, 2020 What would you all say to me if I told you Predator/JSB were bringing a lead-free slug to market? You'd call me crazy. You all would publicly stone me. Well hold on to your stones and hang up on the nut house, cause here they are...

Thanks man. Happy to hear that there are some other interested people. Maybe a company will start manufacturing them if there's enough interest. And those JSB slugs look great. A shame they haven't released them yet.

Banning Lead Ammunition

" JSB ", should be working overtime shifts ( R & D ) to meet any " Future Gov Regulations "..Or somebody else will.... ?
Flushed

The Below " Nations " are a big " MARKET SHARE " for a " NON-LEAD: PELLETS & SLUGS ".

United Kingdom & EU.

Countries in the European Union (EU):​

AustriaFranceMalta
BelgiumGermanyNetherlands
BulgariaGreecePoland
CroatiaHungaryPortugal
CyprusIrelandRomania
Czech RepublicItalySlovakia
DenmarkLatviaSlovenia
EstoniaLithuaniaSpain
FinlandLuxembourgSweden

Just sharing info: I recently received some additional info on a different website, from a " PREDATOR INTERNATIONAL EMPLOYEE ".. ;)

FORUM: PROJECTILES
THREAD: PELLETS ALL CALIBERS

Topic: QUESTION concerning JSB pellets, AA pellets, and FX pellet​

Re: QUESTION concerning JSB pellets, AA pellets, and FX pellets

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2022, 05:39:39 PM »

Quote from: PERRO on August 06, 2022, 12:32:15 AM
Quote from: Monkeydad1969 on July 27, 2022, 10:56:38 PM
Or...you can just ask me.

AA basically has it's own mold. All other rebranded JSB pellets are just that, rebranded JSB pellets.

(I work at Predator International).

Joe

I'm formally asking " YOU "..
;)

What ever happened to the " LEAD - FREE SLUGS " project...?

I viewed a " YOU TUBE VIDEO ", but have yet to see or find any further information ...
:(

Lead-free slugs?
???
? MADNESS!!!!!

Jan 24, 2020
What would you all say to me if I told you Predator/JSB were bringing a lead-free slug to market? You'd call me crazy. You all would publicly stone me. Well hold on to your stones and hang up on the nut house, cause here they are...

I can't seem to post the " You Tube Link "...
:-\

When COVID got "popular " JSB of course wasn't immune. They got hit and if one person tested positive, then the whole crew in that department were put on a 2 week quarantine. Of course, they had to deal with outside sources (drivers, the docks, suppliers, etc.) getting sick and that didn't help.

So, things were postponed, the lead-free slugs being one. They had other items that were more important like the .30 and .35 Hades and the KnockOut Slugs. JSB hasn't done much more with lead-free slugs. They may look harder at them for next year. Especially with the way the EU is looking to ban lead.

I hope this helps.

Joe

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=201428.0

I'm not 100 percent sure ..? However, based on the below information, it appears a new Company will be Manufacturing & importing " LEAD-FREE COPPER COATED PELLETS & SLUGS "...:unsure:

IMG_3267.jpeg

IMG_3266.jpeg

.22 Cal / 28 grain SLUG.

APOLO CATALOG

Apolo Pellets Are Coming To The USA

Last edited:
Hello! If you are still interested in lead free ammo, I'm getting feedback from people before I cast to sell. The 2 main differences are prices will be higher and performance will vary but I can produce lead free slugs and pellets that behave similar to lead.
If you'd like to try a batch, PM me and we'll work something out.
Hi, I just read your post & batch offer.. I'm interested in a LEAD-FREE .25 cal : 25 - 26 Grain Slug.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to " PM " you...?? :(