Lead free pest control.

I PERSONALLY chose to reduce my use of lead -- what's the big deal with that??? I haven't stopped, or urged anyone else to stop, using lead ammo and pellets, but the hard scientific fact remains that lead is toxic, regardless of the cars, windows, cats and industrial bric-a-brac you mentioned. How in the world is my cutting down on lead hurting our, and I use the word because I'm a part of this community, sport? I've been accused of spreading misinformation, which is the only reason I've taken this outside my original question, which in effect remains simply: what else are other airgun enthusiasts using? I'm not anti-hunting in any way! Why are you so angry about this?

Because your post wasn't really about finding a good lead free pellet. You could have posed that question quite easily and gotten some great straight-forward answers. But no, you wanted to proselytize and virtue signal about your misinformed ideals regarding lead and wildlife. You actually led off with that in the first sentence of your original post: "...as well as out in the wide, wild world, where lead pollution already is a huge problem"

I knew what your intentions were right off the bat. Your choice to talk down to a large group of people who rely on lead quite often was about as misinformed as your information on the true impact of lead on wildlife.

Stop advancing the anti-hunters agenda. They use lead toxicity simply as a tool to cause disruption to hunting.

I know it must be true I read it on the internet. Please do not assume that everything you read on the internet is true. Please do not make silly assertions about lead altering DNA. If you do insist on making wild claims, at least do us the courtesy of providing links to the scientific studies that support you claims. If you do not supply support, then your claims are merely opinions. And everyone knows the adage concerning opinions.

There was a guy on AGN last year making similar claims regarding lead. He even had a website he created that plagiarized other works without accreditation. People will run across his webpage and bots and AI will reference it as "fact". It was mostly conjecture and BS promoting his agenda.

It prompted me to do a deep dive on lead..particularly in raptors. His claims were not supported by facts.

----------------------

The depuration rate of lead (or half-time for lead elimination from blood) has been estimated to be approximately two weeks in condors [37] and less than two weeks in common ravens [36].
Over an approximate 30 year period, there were 234 condor deaths..of which 114 were “presumed dead” after being missing for 365 days. I’m not sure how it can be stated that 51% of the 234 deaths can be attributed to lead poisoning..if 114 of the 234 were “assumed” dead and never found. So technically, there have only been 120 documented deaths from 1992 through 2021 (~30 years). Yet the nps.gov website states there have been 120 documented deaths from lead poisoning in the free flying population. 120 of 120 documented deaths are from lead poisoning is 100%. WTF. Only lead kills condors. NOT!

Head spinning from nps.gov triple-speak.

A study tracking effects of lead in large raptors (eagles, vultures, and condors) states lead is cleared to “normal “ trace levels within two weeks.
A study tracking CA condor mortality states 66% of condor deaths are attributed to ingesting DDT from dead marine mammals..whales, dolphins, and seals washed up on the CA coast. DDT is not cleared after it is consumed..it is cumulative.

Of the wild free-flying condor population 183 live in CA. Of the 28 deaths in the free-flying population, 16 occurred in CA. These numbers are for either 1 year or cumulative from 1995 or 1997. 13 mortalities occurred in the Central CA population. Of those deaths, it can be assumed 66% were from DDT..so 9 were from DDT and 4 deaths were from “other causes”. 3 mortalities occurred in the Southern CA population. So since their range is away from the coast, lets assume all 3 deaths were to “other causes”.

A total of 7 deaths in either one year or 27 years in there-flying CA condor population. 7 condors out of a population of 183. OMG..lead is killing everything!! Condors never grow old and die. Condors never get sick from anything other than lead. Condors don’t die from ingesting “trash”..like plastic bottle caps. Condors never fly into wind turbines or power lines. Condor never are attacked by predators like coyotes or mountain lions. Am I the only one that thinks this sounds totally ridiculous?

This article was written in 2012..5 years after Gov Schwarzenegger banned lead bullets in condor habitat in 2007. Curious is it not..all condors are captured 2 times a year. How is this done? Humans set out large animal carcasses to trap them. Doh! The researchers are literally creating a Pavlovian response in the condors by training them to see human activity like hunters around a dead animal as a dinner bell.

"In all likelihood, many more condors would likely have died from lead poisoning had it not been for the fact that all wild condors in California are normally captured twice each year, tested for lead poisoning and then treated if necessary," said Darin Schroeder, Vice-President for Conservation Advocacy for American Bird Conservancy (ABC), one of the nation's leading bird conservation organizations.

This study was published:: April 6, 2011
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0017656
Clinical signs associated with lead toxicity were not observed in any of our birds, although this may be difficult to assess in the field setting. In this study, 53% of golden eagle and 18% of turkey vultures sampled prior to implementation of the ban, and 18% of the golden eagles and 3% of turkey vultures sampled post-ban had blood lead concentrations consistent with subclinical lead toxicity (>20 µg/dL) [51]. Only one captured golden eagle had a blood lead concentration at a level that has been reported to cause lead poisoning and death in raptors (>100 µg/dL) [51]. Sampling of free-ranging birds using the capture methods we employed here may underestimate burdens of lead exposure and poisoning in scavenging and predatory bird populations, especially for birds with blood lead concentrations that are high enough to cause debilitation and preclude birds from flying and searching for food [52].

For anyone interested, the above link is one of the few scientifically done that is specific to CA Condors and their specific habitat.

Lead bullet have been banned in condor habitat since 2007.. In the last 10 years (1997-2007), it is estimated that roughly 30 Condors have died from lead poisoning in this manner.

TOTAL WORLD POPULATION = 537
Number of new wild-fledged chicks = 15
Number of birds newly released into the wild from captivity = 24
Number of mortalities in the free-flying population = 28

WILD, FREE-FLYING POPULATION TOTAL = 334
Southern California, USA Meta-Population [est. 1995]: Wild fledglings: 3, Releases: 4, Mortalities: 3, Total Size: 92
Central California, USA Meta-Population [est.1997]:
Wild fledglings: 6, Releases: 8, Mortalities: 13, Total Size: 91

WILD BIRD MORTALITY NOTES:
• From 1992 through 2021 (30 years) there have been 120 documented deaths from lead poisoning in the free flying population.
• Lead poisoning is responsible for 51 percent of the 234 condor deaths where a cause of death has been determined.
• An additional 114 free-flying condors have been presumed dead after missing for more than 365 days.

Best scientific data found

Interesting

Of questionable value..

Only bullet found in gut..and it was because it was fed to the condor

N/A because it deals with condors outside of CA..Uses “models” and “estimates”

Published false data

FlightAware plane tracking

Map of area around Pinnacles NP

Deer Success Rate

Deer Seasons

Deer Zone Map

All carrion eaters consume lead from game carcasses; their physical size or species should not matter. If lead is toxic to one species, it is toxic to all. One would assume a smaller animal would be even more greatly affected than a larger one.
Lead is found in many plastics. Plastic contains lead for pliability. Plastic particles are found in many fish and animal species..including humans. In ocean species, the top of the food chain has the highest concentrations of any bad chemical or heavy metal..like mercury and DDT in tuna and dolphins and seals. Why not lead from plastics? 66% of documented CA condor deaths are from DDT type chemicals found in the carcasses of dead marine mammals. If they eat marine mammal carrion, they consume plastic.

Question..How can DDT still be killing marine mammals so that they can be eaten by condors? When it was “banned” many steel 55gallon drums were dumped..drum-roll please..off the coast of California.

Question..Is it possible the lead killing condors is from aircraft engine emissions? How many of the condors killed by lead lived near small muni-airports? Leaded gas has been banned from cars since 1996..but not from leaded-fuel piston-engine aircraft.

Question..if lead from bullets is really killing condors, then why has it only recently become an issue? Lead has been used since the early 1800s to take all manner of game in CA. Settlers and farmers and ranchers engaging in subsistence hunting year-around until modern hunting laws were put in place in the early 1900s.

Question..If lead has been banned for hunting in CA since 2019, then why are condors still dying from lead poisoning? Effective July 1, 2019, non-lead ammunition is required when taking any wildlife with a firearm anywhere in California. It has been nearly four years since the lead ban implementation. I’m pretty sure condors are not still eating lead found in four year old animal carcasses.

Question..if lead is so darn deadly, then why are human hunters not suffering and dying in droves from lead toxicity? Given the x-rays showing bullet fragmentation, it is safe to assume human hunters also ingest lead.

Question..if lead bullets are the source of lead toxicity, why is there no record or evidence of a bullet ever being found in the gut of a dead condor?

Correlation is not causation.

Remember back in the 1970s, when environmentalists told us that logging old growth forests was responsible for the decline of the Spotted Owl? False. A larger invasive owl species was eating them.

Remember the Delta Smelt? Environmentalists told us that their decline was due to excessive water usage by farmers and ranchers. False. The smelt are being eaten by Striped Bass..a species not native to CA.

Remember in the 1970s when environmentalists told us that we would all die from human caused Global Cooling?

Remember in the 1990s when environmentalists told us that we would all die from human caused Global Warming?

Remember how environmentalists are currently telling us that we will all die from human caused Global Climate Change?

How many times do environmentalists get a pass for “Crying Wolf!”

Below is the URL to one of the research articles you’ve referenced. Notice the words used in the sentences I’ve cut from it. Words like: “however, estimates, proportions, statistical models, regression models, and approximate” do not engender confidence in the resulting conclusions.

——

Lead kills wild animals: True or False?

I know how to do research, and for the most part, I stay off the internet. I don't belong to facebook or any other 'social media' (but Airgun Nation) and overwhelmingly prefer an offline existence, although I thought joining other shooters on this bulletin board could increase my knowledge of and enjoyment of the sport we all share.

What does any of this bruhaha have to do with my wanting to cut down on my own use of lead pellets? Doing that meant something to me and mine -- I haven't suggested anyone else stop doing anything they want to do, with or without lead, although I don't in any way think it would be a bad thing if others did as well -- this was a personal decision, and all I intended to accomplish was hopefully find some other source of lead-free pellets I didn't already know about. I didn't present myself as anti or pro anything. I'm just trying to enjoy my hobby my way, as is my right. Good work on your research however, although most of it doesn't seem particularly relavant to this "discussion." I can't help but wonder why you chose to find it on the internet, though, since that's such a disreputable source of information.

Last edited:
Because your post wasn't really about finding a good lead free pellet. You could have posed that question quite easily and gotten some great straight-forward answers. But no, you wanted to proselytize and virtue signal about your misinformed ideals regarding lead and wildlife. You actually led off with that in the first sentence of your original post: "...as well as out in the wide, wild world, where lead pollution already is a huge problem"

I knew what your intentions were right off the bat. Your choice to talk down to a large group of people who rely on lead quite often was about as misinformed as your information on the true impact of lead on wildlife.

Stop advancing the anti-hunters agenda. They use lead toxicity simply as a tool to cause disruption to hunting.
Lead pollution is a huge problem. Lead kills. So what? I know you think I had some 'underlying' shady intention other than trying to just cut down on lead myself (and stating why it was important to me and mine), but if you don't believe me when I tell you otherwise, that's your right. Please trying to stop me from enjoying my rights as well. Who are these mysterious anti-hunters you mention, and just what is this agenda they're trying to further? I'm not a member of any nutso-crazy pro-this-or-that asinine group of maniacal deviants. I know you probably believe with all your might that you "knew what your intentions were right off the bat" but you are wrong. I didn't talk down to anyone, insult anyone or try to further any agenda you don't happen to like, or dislike, for that matter, other than get info to increase my own enjoyment of this sport many seem to believe shouldn't be open to me. I don't really care what "they" are doing. Whatever it was, that wasn't what I was doing. This has gotten WAY out of hand.

@bubbapearson Thanks for the H&N recommendation. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the GTO pellets that are priced considerably higher.

I'm sure you're already doing so when possible, but I'll throw it out there, JIC: couple an expensive purchase (like a new airgun) at Pyramyd with an order of 8 to 16 (or whatever you can afford) tins of either (the match don't shoot quite as nicely as the domed, but they aren't awful either, plus they're a smidge heavier and the price is right), enough to qualify for free shipping, and you can save quite a bit. Every little bit helps. ;-)

Lead pollution is a huge problem? I don’t think so.

I oftentimes shoot in my backyard and will shoot into a target butt that collects the lead pellets, but I would never bother doing such a thing if I were out in the “wide, wild world”.

I’ve been handling lead pellets and casting bullets for decades with no ill effects.

It simply isn’t an issue. As others have pointed out, wash your hands after handling pellets and all will be well.

I think lead is dangerous. Every time I shoot a deer, turkey, squirrel, or other wild game with a lead bullet the animal dies.

OK, so lead is naturally in the ground, so we all walk on it everyday, our houses sit on it everyday,even the pest we kill are on it everyday! I would be curious of just how much lead was shot over this country during the civil war, like 4 years of slinging lead ! Just me ranting is all!
Your point being? I imagine it was an absolutely incredible amount of lead. Do you think lead isn't dangerous because it's a natural element? Would you feed this natural substance to your family dog and cat, or maybe family members (although I've got some family members that could probably use such a meal)? I've been called a liar and attacked for what people THOUGHT I meant in my original post and afterwards, because I happen to know (not think) lead is dangerous.

Sorry, I have no problem with your rant. Just gettin' a bit touchy I reckon -- my problem, not yours. Please feel free to keep on keepin' on.

Well, ya got me there: I might be the only one here that thinks so, but yeah, based on my research, I believe the problem is serious. Regardless of relative size, however, there is no disputing the fact that there IS a problem. If there is no problem, why not ingest it yourself or feed this naturally occuring and totally safe element to your own family pets? Does spent lead ammo from hunting that's left on the ground or inside critters that were shot ever kill other wildlife? If yes (and the answer is yes), it's a fact, and I happen to enjoy what's out there in the wide wild world. To me, it's a problem, and I am trying to exert an incredibly tiny, practically insignificant amount of effort into doing something about it. ME. Nobody else! I have not and I am not trying to get anyone else to quit hunting or stop participating in this sport, regardless of what you think you "know" about me. I reckon we'll just have to agree to disagree here. However, please be sure to catch me out the next time I try to pull some some unhinged, left-wing, unthinking, not-based-on-facts misinformation to the group: It's good to know you're on the job!

Last edited:
Two supremely relevant words that I've yet to see in this discussion: oxidation and inert

I don't think you're doing a bad thing, Bubba. A dollar of environmental prevention is worth a few hundred-thousand of remediation in the case of lead. The fact that environmental liability has been made retroactive doesn't help things. (That means that someone can show up and hand you a bill for something that you did legally sixty years ago.)

This is an excellent review of what was available lead-free a few years back. - https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/look-future-lead-free-pellets/

While I rarely ever shoot wildlife (aside from flies) these days, there are a few methods one could use to minimize the environmental impact of lead ammunition.

1 - A backstop for pellet recovery is something I've used in the past. Baiting was necessary to make that possible.

2 - Another option is recovery and disposal of the pellet-containing pest in question. I've always quickly double-bagged them (to prevent flea bite diseases) and then sent them on to the dump.

3 - Another thing that I did was to reverse wadcutters when shooting rats in the garage to prevent over-penetration. The pellets weren't quite as accurate backwards, but the results were quite spectacular.

4 - You could also just refuse to shoot wildlife in the first place. That would result in no lead being introduced into the environment at all.

Here's what DDG came up with for lead-free pellets. - https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=lead+free+pellets&ia=web

I recover and recycle all the pellets that I use. A friend uses the lead to cast bullets. Casting pellets from bismuth hasn't been explored as far as I know, but that may be another option.

Cheers,

J~

Edit - Apparently Crosman offers bismuth alloy pellets. Who knew?
Sorry I didn't reply before now, TF. I VERY much appreciate all the information, and thanks especially for the effort you put into providing it! Unfortunately, I've stupidly been so busy trying to convince some of the users here that I'm not a lying, fake-news-spreading, lifelong member of PETA with an agenda of stopping all hunting (which some insist they know for a fact), that I basically got off the track I originally meant to forge. Your suggestions are well taken, too. For the most part, I suppose I ought to once and for all, finally just admit to myself that hunting is no longer an option for me -- quite aside from my wife trying to skin ME if I tried to get her to join in on the prep, cooking and consumption of any of our local fauna -- I'm also fairly gimped up as I'm closin' in on seventy, enough so I'm almost no longer ambulatory now, and even that with considerable assistance (walker, crutches, etc.). I still think of myself as a hunter, but that's not exactly conducive to a romp in the woods, so yes, maybe it's time to accept that hunting for me is no longer an option; a hard thing to admit. Even so, I do still feel it necessary to nail the rare rat that shows up now and then in the 'hood outside our home, and also have come to the conclusion that I'll have to stick with a good quality, heavy lead pellet if I want to try and maximize my chances of one-shot kills. Amazingly, the little lady not only hates rats too, she encourages me to put some of these [insert favorite invective here] air rifles all over the place to some good use, should one of the cute little vermin show itself. ;-) Oh well, as things stand now, I suppose my best bet is just to stick to the heavier lead pellets I still have in plenty for pesting, try to forget about hunting and take it from there. Thanks again for the thoughtful, helpful and downright neighborly post! In this thread, I'm not that used to it.

giphy.gif

Sorry I didn't reply before now, TF. I VERY much appreciate all the information, and thanks especially for the effort you put into providing it! Unfortunately, I've stupidly been so busy trying to convince some of the users here that I'm not a lying, fake-news-spreading, lifelong member of PETA with an agenda of stopping all hunting (which some insist they know for a fact), that I basically got off the track I originally meant to forge. Your suggestions are well taken, too. For the most part, I suppose I ought to once and for all, finally just admit to myself that hunting is no longer an option for me -- quite aside from my wife trying to skin ME if I tried to get her to join in on the prep, cooking and consumption of any of our local fauna -- I'm also fairly gimped up as I'm closin' in on seventy, enough so I'm almost no longer ambulatory now, and even that with considerable assistance (walker, crutches, etc.). I still think of myself as a hunter, but that's not exactly conducive to a romp in the woods, so yes, maybe it's time to accept that hunting for me is no longer an option; a hard thing to admit. Even so, I do still feel it necessary to nail the rare rat that shows up now and then in the 'hood outside our home, and also have come to the conclusion that I'll have to stick with a good quality, heavy lead pellet if I want to try and maximize my chances of one-shot kills. Amazingly, the little lady not only hates rats too, she encourages me to put some of these [insert favorite invective here] air rifles all over the place to some good use, should one of the cute little vermin show itself. ;-) Oh well, as things stand now, I suppose my best bet is just to stick to the heavier lead pellets I still have in plenty for pesting, try to forget about hunting and take it from there. Thanks again for the thoughtful, helpful and downright neighborly post! In this thread, I'm not that used to it.

No worries, Bubba! I was chuckling as I wrote and researched that. Kinda took me back to before retirement, it did.

Yes, some people here are always looking for an arguement. I don't get that...

Cheers,

J~

Bubbapearson. Personally, I would like to thank you for your attempt to do your part. A drop in the ocean? Perhaps. But every little bit helps.

I too have been attacked on this forum for having an opinion that a small vocal minority do not agree with.
Do not let the noise bother you. It is the bucket with the fewest peas that make the most noise. lol

You may have touched a nerve with a few on here.
The lead-free debate has appeared here more than a few times. Each time it is a contentious debate to say the least.
Each side is slinging facts, figures diagrams, research, accusations, and insults at each other. Slinging everything but lead.

As you stated, you are going to continue to use lead to pest even though you would like to have a viable alternative for pesting and shooting.
You do you and best of luck and good hunting.

Doc

Well, ya got me there: I might be the only one here that thinks so, but yeah, based on my research, I believe the problem is serious. Regardless of relative size, however, there is no disputing the fact that there IS a problem. If there is no problem, why not ingest it yourself or feed this naturally occuring and totally safe element to your own family pets? Does spent lead ammo from hunting that's left on the ground or inside critters that were shot ever kill other wildlife? If yes (and the answer is yes), it's a fact, and I happen to enjoy what's out there in the wide wild world. To me, it's a problem, and I am trying to exert an incredibly tiny, practically insignificant amount of effort into doing something about it. ME. Nobody else! I have not and I am not trying to get anyone else to quit hunting or stop participating in this sport, regardless of what you think you "know" about me. I reckon we'll just have to agree to disagree here. However, please be sure to catch me out the next time I try to pull some some unhinged, left-wing, unthinking, not-based-on-facts misinformation to the group: It's good to know you're on the job!

I never said or implied that lead was safe to consume. Your ridiculous point of “why not consume it yourself then?” is completely irrelevant. Lead can be, and often is, toxic when consumed. Wildlife is occasionally inadvertently killed from consuming lead. Nobody I’m aware of is denying that.

The real question is whether or not these deaths from lead are statistically significant. And the answer is no. It’s but a very small drop in a very large bucket when looking at the number of unnatural wildlife deaths.

Yet people will suggest such drastic measures as banning lead entirely, a very costly and disruptive course of action, in order to solve a problem that science says is actually among the least significant causes of deaths when you actually consider the numbers and move past only reading the headline.

So why do people (more accurately groups of people) harp on about it so much? It’s because they know they can use it as a tool to further their other agendas. Specifically their anti-hunting agenda.

They are using you as a pawn. They fed you a load of half truths and disinformation and now you are spreading it around the community. Exactly what they wanted.

And no, I’m not suggesting this is some sort of conspiracy as you alluded before. It’s just politics. The same politics that plague our world on countless other topics. People lie and deceive in order to further their agendas.

You started this thread looking for an argument. You chose your words and points carefully, and knew who the audience was. So don’t play the victim, because you got the argument you wanted.

Bubbapearson. Personally, I would like to thank you for your attempt to do your part. A drop in the ocean? Perhaps. But every little bit helps.

I too have been attacked on this forum for having an opinion that a small vocal minority do not agree with.
Do not let the noise bother you. It is the bucket with the fewest peas that make the most noise. lol

The lead-free debate has appeared here more than a few times. Each time it is a contentious debate to say the least.
Each side is slinging facts, figures diagrams, research, accusations, and insults at each other. Slinging everything but lead.

As you stated, you are going to continue to use lead to pest even though you would like to have a viable alternative for pesting and shooting.

Doc

Doc
[/Q]
I never said or implied that lead was safe to consume. Your ridiculous point of “why not consume it yourself then?” is completely irrelevant. Lead can be, and often is, toxic when consumed. Wildlife is occasionally inadvertently killed from consuming lead. Nobody I’m aware of is denying that.

The real question is whether or not these deaths from lead are statistically significant. And the answer is no. It’s but a very small drop in a very large bucket when looking at the number of unnatural wildlife deat

Yet people will suggest such drastic measures as banning lead entirely, a very costly and disruptive course of action, in order to solve a problem that science says is actually among the least significant causes of deaths when you actually consider the numbers and move past only reading the headline.

So why do people (more accurately groups of people) harp on about it so much? It’s because they know they can use it as a tool to further their other agendas. Specifically their anti-hunting agenda.

They are using you as a pawn. They fed you a load of half truths and disinformation and now you are spreading it around the community. Exactly what they wanted.

And no, I’m not suggesting this is some sort of conspiracy as you alluded before. It’s just politics. The same politics that plague our world on countless other topics. People lie and deceive in order to further their agendas.

You started this thread looking for an argument. You chose your words and points carefully, and knew who the audience was. So don’t play the victim, because you got the argument you wanted.

The real question is whether or not these deaths from lead are statistically significant. And the answer is no. It’s but a very small drop in a very large bucket when looking at the number of unnatural wildlife deaths.

Never said you did -- actually, IN THIS INSTANCE, I totally meant to say something totally nutso-outrageously, stupidly irrelevant. Who could have imagined it would lead to us actually agreeing on something afterwards? Yep, lead is toxic. All I ever asserted, and if I want to cut down on the lead I put out there, and mention it online to see how best to go about it, if even possible, I will. Good grief man, it was like pullin' teeth! You also agree that wildlife does die from the consumption of and the 'introduction' of lead that doesn't immediately kill, and I simply can't believe the amount of lead left behind and put into critters that aren't harvested by the over 100 million U.S. shooters of firearms, PLUS the lead being slung by who knows how many kids and adults with airguns (not all of whom are acting irresponsibly, of course) is insignificant. Regardless, it looks pretty much like you agree with me on the facts; lead is dangerous, lead kills animals unintentionally, and it's only a matter of how important either of us find that lead to be with which you seem to have a problem: I think the problem is big enough to be considered huge. You think it's so small as to be insignificant. What's to argue about? Both statements can be taken as both fact and opinion (factual in that it's our personal belief and opinion in that we know no common ground regarding the severity of the unintentional deaths). At least we finally agree what the basic facts are. That's great.

I hate going here, but it looks like you just can't help but continue calling me a liar, because you absolutely, with no chance whatever of being mistaken, KNOW I had an ulterior, sneaky, troublemaking motive behind my original post. Could and would you maybe read it one more time and give it another chance? It seems to me like there were exactly two sentences and only a very few, possibly poorly chosen words, out of the entire post, with which you took issue. Yet what those few sentences/words meant to you alone meant being a sneaky troublemaker was the only true reason for the post, regardless of what I said all together... even though you've never met me and don't know me from Adam? I'm sorry Spartan, but you're wrong. One last time, I'm going to reiterate that starting an argument, much less any trouble, was never my intention in any way whatsoever, as I've told you repeatedly, and if we were discussing this in person, by now I'm thinking I'd have a pretty big problem with your continually saying I'm lying. And It's me being affected by and under the influence of outside agencies wanting to cause strife and problems between folks? Reeent! Wrong answer. Unlike you, I actually believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, so as I said before, we're gonna just have to agree to disagree here. That's all she wrote for me -- I am done with this 'discussion,' since it's not a direction I meant for this thread to go in the first place.

Doc
I'm still a relative newcomer to the board, so I've been shocked by some of the responses. I never meant to start a ruckus up in here, but a ruckus seems to have ensued nonetheless! Oh well, I'm done wasting energy on it. I sure did appreciate your comments and good, common sense suggestions. Good shooting to you too and thanks for the neighborly welcome! :)