• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

LDC, what is it?

LDC is a term invented by children who imagine they are being clever when referring to a sound moderation device for use in reducing the report of a firearm or air rifle. It is both childish and ignorant.

Silencer is the common name. Many of us use the term moderator because it better describes the function of the device.

There was a forum that had a rule.which demanded it's users never say the "S" word. I was never able to take that forums management seriously.

I still find it difficult to take Anyone who corrects people who use the term silencer seriously.

Reactions: Brosos
LDC is a term invented by children who imagine they are being clever when referring to a sound moderation device for use in reducing the report of a firearm or air rifle. It is both childish and ignorant.

Silencer is the common name. Many of us use the term moderator because it better describes the function of the device.

There was a forum that had a rule.which demanded it's users never say the "S" word. I was never able to take that forums management seriously.

I still find it difficult to take Anyone who corrects people who use the term silencer seriously.

Moderator or suppressor are the terms to use because the term "silencer" is a misnomer. Moderators/suppressors do not "silence" a firearm nor an air gun.

They moderate or suppress the noise level, but even those who claim "mouse fart" quiet air guns, are most likely still exaggerating... just a bit... LOL!

So, although I think I understand where you are coming from on this, I have to say that the term "silencer" is not the best name either, although I do agree with you about those who insist that people use the term "LDC" on their forum(s). JMHO (grin)

Reactions: furiousbob