• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lcs-sk19 Owner's Thread 👇🏾 please post helpful information &tips

I am on the verge of ordering this weapon in .22. I have looked at all the videos and read several reviews, including the detailed Hard Air Magazine overview. I am very impressed with the performance, accuracy, and fun factor. My question is does the stock moderator provide adequate sound suppression for subsonic pellets in an urban environment or should I order the DonnyFL adapter with the weapon and put a Sumo on it? 

I am on the verge of ordering this weapon in .22. I have looked at all the videos and read several reviews, including the detailed Hard Air Magazine overview. I am very impressed with the performance, accuracy, and fun factor. My question is does the stock moderator provide adequate sound suppression for subsonic pellets in an urban environment or should I order the DonnyFL adapter with the weapon and put a Sumo on it?

My SK-19 is a .25 and I put a DonnyFL Shogun on it and couldn't tell a difference over the stock moderator. (No measurements, just relaying how it sounded to my ears.) I suspect two reasons for this: the stock moderator is an excellent design and probably pretty close to anything else in terms of effectiveness and the gun is likely creating a lot of noise from the action area where a moderator has no effect. 

It's hard to convey a sense of sound, but it's the loudest of my moderated guns.

GsT

1D2C07FA-E963-43BF-8E15-8230085253C4.1613244830.jpeg
570F8726-E60E-4500-A56A-331A62241079.1613244832.jpeg
7DB1EF9C-F1C9-42FF-9739-0D83DE142598.1613244833.jpeg
0224D8CC-8FBC-4B94-94F4-F0535B97D359.1613244835.jpeg
5D9B13A0-8F1E-4BBB-A1E8-E9FDAA30DA4E.1613244836.jpeg
078BD62A-5E10-4325-AB2D-22ADB3F22A7E.1613244838.jpeg
I put a FX STX barrel on my .22 I like it because it’s one pound lighter and I don’t have to remove the barrel for cleaning just pull out the liner. It’s also a little more accurate. 

My SK-19 is a .25 and I put a DonnyFL Shogun on it and couldn't tell a difference over the stock moderator. (No measurements, just relaying how it sounded to my ears.) I suspect two reasons for this: the stock moderator is an excellent design and probably pretty close to anything else in terms of effectiveness and the gun is likely creating a lot of noise from the action area where a moderator has no effect. 

It's hard to convey a sense of sound, but it's the loudest of my moderated guns.

GsT

Yep, I have a shogun and still wish I got the Emperor. It is only quite if you have the speed turned down. 

As others stated it is the Rotary Mag / Valve Firing that creates majority of the noise. I went after market with a Sumo and no discernable difference.. Sounds like a pneumatic staple gun, not very backyard friendly. 

In my backyard I run the power wheel down so I’m in the low 700 FPS range and the report is acceptable considering my walls are all block so there’s an echo to contend with. I do have a Donny fl Ronin and compared to the stock mod they’re pretty much the same to my ear more of a different tone.

As for Sound, yes this is just not a very backyard friendly gun. My best successes at taming it are using the Emperor, or the STO Sarissa. Even then rip a few full auto bursts and your neighbors will probably notice real quick. 

Mine is a .25 cal. I have run many types of ammo through it, and seems the JSB MKIIs and FX 34gr pellets are the most consistently accurate. Mine does not shoot slugs well. 

I have had no jams and have probably put about 1000 rnds through it. I keep a touch of silicone lube on hand and lube the moving parts every so often. 

The trigger, while not spectacular, should not be a reason to not buy the gun. I find I can shoot it just fine and it didn't take long to get the hang. 

Tune it down to 750 fps or so, gets much quieter. I can shoot 5 full mags on the 580cc barrel at 800 fps (95 shots). 

I find full auto short 3 round bursts are incredibly pleasing and also very accurate. I have lit up a few squirrels thus far, and they didn't stand a chance :D. My tactacam failed to get it slow mo, which is a bummer; I have been hoping to capture some footage. 

Overall I am very pleased with the rifle. Fun factor is very high!!! 

if anyone else has good experience with .25 ammo please share what works for you. 

-Pick