• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

LCS SK19 or HUBEN K1?

I have owned both and here is my take. I still own 2 Hubens .22cal. Sold the LCS.

Huben

Pros- Ergonomics is amazing. Feels like putting on a glove. Camo dipping makes it feel even better. 

Adjustable power works very well and the adjuster knob has a positive detent. Can be set up to shoot pellets or slugs. 

Can get the trigger adjusted very lightly and predictable.

It gets a ton of shots per 320 bar fill. Set up using .22cal. Jsb Redesign @ 920fps 76 shots. Set up using .22cal Jsb 18gr. @ 900fps 120+ shots.

Magazine is non removable. Will not loose it and don't have to worry about storing an extra one. It holds 19 pellets, equivalent to 2 mags. 

Very easy to pack through the woods, short.

Very quiet with factory shroud for the power its producing, but can install your favorite pickle if want it quieter.

Very accurate for a semi auto.

Quick follow up shots, great for hunting.

Can easily be slinged, already has predrilled holes in stock.

Adjustable Reg. up to 200bar for slugs.

Cons-

You may experience some Reg. creep. Not all of them have this but I have seen it.

Biggest problem with these rifles is everyone is not educated enough on them. Everyone is scared of them. They are not hard to work on or repair. There is a lot going on with them but it is a very simple design. Being around the air guns that I have, I have seen some pretty dumb poop from like Daystate or FX. I am not trying to degrade them by no means but all manufactures have there issues.

Takes a little longer to load, only 2 pellets at a time. No big deal.

LCS SK-19

Pros- Full Auto if that is what you like.

Very accurate.

No Reg. creep.

Easy to load magazine, can load quicker. Flip up cover to access mag load 4 pellets at a time.

High shot count.

Cons-

Ergonomics suck! The Kraford & Lypt butt pad is a must. And it still sucks. 

Trigger absolutely sucks! Non adjustable. 

Loud ping noise from action by your ear.

2 safeties.

The under the bottle bi pod mount is cheap.

Unable to sling.

Unable to adjust Reg. above 150 bar.

Unable to shoot lower than 600fps.

Power adjuster knob easily turns, not very good detent. 

Not as quiet.

Reactions: titeuf007
Ah finally, someone that owns both. The exact expert Ive been looking for.

Is the following true? The Huben does not shoot pellets accurately but strongly prefers slugs? And the sk-19 loves pellets but hates slugs?

Is one rifle much easier to reload than the other, or are they about the same?

Does one rifle have a much higher shot count than the other? Or are they the same or close?

And if I miss my pest/target, which projectile will hit the gound the fastest? I have neighbors 150-200 yards away and I dont want fliers to still have height at that distance.

We use the huben .22 with tin pellets and it adjusts from 430fps to 1480fps with the external power wheel.

Set at 700fps we can shoot for an hour without needing a tank fill. That's about 200+ shots.

Perfect plinker and power when you need it.

Really? The huben can shoot a pellet accurately? What brand and grain is that tin pellet? I was leaning more towards buying the LCS because I read the Huben only loves slugs, which I was aiming at staying away from.

That's a 2016 video and I "think", or at least I was told by a Huben AG dealer, that Huben is on their 3rd rendition of rifle barrel. Supposedly this latest one is made to shoot slugs and pellets well???

Oh, thats great news. Im undecided between the LCS or Huben. I was hearing Huben only liked slugs at high FPS. If I miss my pest, I didnt want a heavy fast projectile flying off into the rest of the neighborhood. In some countries, an injured neighbor is a deal breaker.

So can I use a light weight pellet and turn the huben down low enough to still be accurate, but not have much velocity left over after missing my target or pest?

I am really wondering if it can be detuned (against MFG and Dealer suggestion) to shoot cheap 14.3gr Wal-Mart Crosman CPHPs at 600fps-ish (say P-Rod power level) which should really extend the fun full auto experience. YO!

If you find that out, please share that info. I am not looking for a higher shot count, I'm looking for a accurate pellet at 30-75 yards and that does not have much velocity left over in case I miss as I have neighbors 150-200 yards away.

I have owned both and here is my take. I still own 2 Hubens .22cal. Sold the LCS.

You sound like the perfect expert for answering this question.

I need accuracy, but not long distance. Most of my pests are 25-50 yards away, and always in my yard. I dont go hunting in the woods. I dont bench rest shoot. I frequently lean against a post for stability. . A racoon is about the biggest but usually (95%) its squirels and birds. I have neighbors 100 yards away and whatever I shoot, pellets or slugs, I want them to drop and not be able to reach that distance. Those are my highest priorities.

Next, if this is possible to achieve, while using the same projectile that is already dialed in for small pests at close distances, is it possible to quickly up the FPE and increase the speed for harder hitting shots in the rare large pest? Are the regulators fast and repeatable to change upon demand for the rare critter? And if I could quickly change regulator pressure upond demand, will that make my scope thats dialed in at the slower speeds, now to be inaccurate?

And if I could quickly change regulator pressure upond demand, will that make my already loaded same amo now inaccurate for different velocities?

Based on those criterias, which do you think is more suitable for my needs?

Pellets or slugs?

The Huben or sk-19?

Thank you in advance for your answers.