• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

LCS SK19 or HUBEN K1?

Steve, I haven't tried it yet (waiting for some 13gr pellets), but from what I can tell so far, the .22 Huben could easily shoot 15fpe, or perhaps less. Reg. on about 115 bar and power wheel down between 1 and 2 and it should be pretty sedate. I'll post some results once I get the lighter pellets on 5/2 and check it out. 

To me, that's one of the amazing things about the Huben (maybe the LCS as well, I don't have one) is that it can go from quite low power to 75+fpe.

Chas

That is true, AoA advises against changing Reg pressure. But, on my .22 with just the power wheel, I can go from 880 FPS with 18.1 grain JSB to over 1000 FPS with the 25.4 grain RD Monster. Honestly, no reason to change reg pressure... However, it is externally adjustable should you go that way... I don’t know about 80 FPE, but I do know it will easily go to over 65 FPE with the reg set to 130 bar, which is my factory setting. 80 FPE would not be unreasonable with increased reg pressure IMHO.

Would the LCS shoot the cheap Wal-Mart Crosman Hollow points decently by only adjusting the power wheel? YO!

I have an LCS in 25 caliber and it is a tac driver. I like it better than my Vulcan even though the Vulcan trigger is better. I have not had any issues with mine and have fired over 2000 pellets. I bought another external regulator to tether the rifle from my tank at 3000 PSI and can shoot for hours at a time in my backyard. I have tried Nielsen slugs and did not like the accuracy. I will try FX when the 25 calibers come out. I have my rifle shooting JSB 33.95 grain MKII at 930 FPS. They are the most accurate. I have tried Hades pellets but they are loose in the magazine and even at 920 FPS they cant match the 33.95 for accuracy. I can push a 33.95 at 990 FPS but accuracy does suffer a bit. I was thinking about adding a Huben 25 to my collection when the new ones arrive. I really like the semi-auto function. The full auto is fun but the semi-auto is the best part of the gun. Hope that helps.

Would the LCS shoot the cheap Wal-Mart Crosman Hollow points decently by only adjusting the power wheel? YO!

I was shooting the Crosman 14.3 ultramags at 925 fps with my Huben. Killed about 20 starlings at work with it like that. Later on I started testing different pellets and accuracy went away with them . May need to clean the barrel. But the old standby of 25 gr JSB still shoot great. I did try slower speed with the crosmans and they shot terrible. It takes a little trial and error to find the right combination of reg pressure and speed for each pellet.

I have the older first gen Huben in 22 and it's crazy quiet even at high power as long as it doesn't go past 1060fps. It seems to shoot the 34gr JSB Beasts very accurately. I don't know how quiet the current Huben is nor how much better it is. I asked the question wanting to know how the current Hubens are. I might try both... But I'm getting a 22 LCS first and I'll post what I think as soon as I get it. I want to say hello to my leetle freend too...in full auto! YO!

It arrived late Monday too late to test. I'm trying to figure out which scope to use. Does it nneed adjustable mounts? It would most certainly be a bummer if it runs out of elevation and I usually optically center my scopes.
1588188564_7566215855ea9d594cbb9d0.40893255.jpg
YO!

Initial impression when taking some shots without a scope mounted its got a pop to it like a P17. It's not what I call truly backyard friendly more like boarder line. My gen1 Huben K1 is quieter. The trigger seems to have a long single stage travel. I'm going to describe my first impression here. It reminds me of squeezing the nozzle of your garden hose trigger only much lighter. It's ok it's not terrible and im a real trigger snob who prefers to shoot my Daystates with electronic triggers. The Huben trigger feels better than the LCS. All I can say is BUY IT BUY IY BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!! THERES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT GIVES SUCH A THRILL WHEN SWITCHED TO FULL AUTO!!! (Except for an Armalite AR10 full auto of course silly) I BURNED through 8 tins of pellets (which was all I brought with me) in less than an hour. REALLY Bummed me out I should have brought at least 30 tins. Had to drive an hour's way just to be able to unload. Lucky I had my Honda gas powered compressor in the trunk to fill up my 4500 psi Omega tank. I think it's really worth it just for the pure extreme fun factor. My only not pick is it has an exposed fill nipple. It should at least come with some kind of protective cap. NOW If only Huben came out with a full auto... WHAT A RUSH!!! YO!

I go with Huben K1, better trigger, more compact, and can shoot both pellets and slugs with very good accuracy. LCS SK19 shoot pellets awesome. Both gun can shoot pallets or slugs over 1000 fps. If you want long distance shooting go with Huben K1 and shoot them with Varmint Knockers 28.50 gr slugs.

You don't have accuracy issues with slugs? In Gregor's review he said the barrel twist is too slow for slugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPH01cfiokw

That's a 2016 video and I "think", or at least I was told by a Huben AG dealer, that Huben is on their 3rd rendition of rifle barrel. Supposedly this latest one is made to shoot slugs and pellets well???

Thanks. I found his later video detailing version 2 with barrel designed more for slugs. I wonder how one would know what version retailers have in stock? I also ran into a mention of version 5...no idea what additional improvements happened after version 2.

WARNING the big bottle is STILL NOT ENOUGH. I don't know why but it seems to REALLY be an AIR HOG when primarily shooting it on full auto. In order to get extended shooting satisfaction you need to tether the SK19 to a large 4500psi tank with an adjustable regulator or the fun time is gonna be too short. Plus this thing goes thru pellets like there's no tomorrow FYI... I am really wondering if it can be detuned (against MFG and Dealer suggestion) to shoot cheap 14.3gr Wal-Mart Crosman CPHPs at 600fps-ish (say P-Rod power level) which should really extend the fun full auto experience. YO!