• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

LCS SK19 NEWS

Ahhhh, I see, it's a MODIFIED LCS.... For a second there I thought they were actually coming that way from the factory. :ROFLMAO:
Probably old stock from prior to the split with AoA...

Reactions: Glem.Chally
AOA/Western Airguns is definitely leading the race in pushing the envelope of the hammerless tech. It seems the main engineer left LCS being that LCS is only coming out with a barrel upgrade while Western Airguns has made the most powerful hammerless rifle and pulled off the impossible inventing the first removable mag for the hammerless platform. It’s quite ironic that LCS copied the valve tech from huben combined with a tactical chassis to create the sk-19. And now Western Airguns has taken the sk-19 and created their own versions. It’s been interesting to see this development. Can’t wait to see the next iteration of this hammerless platform.

Forgive my Leshiy 2 fanboying for a moment, but the L2 is also hammerless and has removable mags. So I wouldn't say WA was the first. It's the first hammerless full-auto airgun with removable mags I guess. Though I still think the full-auto on both the SK19 and Sidewinder is a bit of a useless gimmick. Still, it is indeed great to see this technology being pushed further and further!

Forgive my Leshiy 2 fanboying for a moment, but the L2 is also hammerless and has removable mags. So I wouldn't say WA was the first. It's the first hammerless full-auto airgun with removable mags I guess. Though I still think the full-auto on both the SK19 and Sidewinder is a bit of a useless gimmick. Still, it is indeed great to see this technology being pushed further and further!
Not a useless gimmick, a fun gimmick with little else use than fun! :D

Reactions: john8
AOA/Western Airguns is definitely leading the race in pushing the envelope of the hammerless tech. It seems the main engineer left LCS being that LCS is only coming out with a barrel upgrade while Western Airguns has made the most powerful hammerless rifle and pulled off the impossible inventing the first removable mag for the hammerless platform. It’s quite ironic that LCS copied the valve tech from huben combined with a tactical chassis to create the sk-19. And now Western Airguns has taken the sk-19 and created their own versions. It’s been interesting to see this development. Can’t wait to see the next iteration of this hammerless platform.
We need to recognize Western Airguns for:

Identify the advantage of the new system;

Identify the weakness it existing alternatives with new system;

Invite makers of pieces to the new project that would achieve the searched perfection; and

Had the availability of putting all pieces together to make the superb accuracy and functionality possible and available in the market.

Brilliant work of many people at diverse stages that has to be recognized by us, the final users.

Last edited:
Reactions: cavedweller
@DonEnzone I was specifically talking about the hammerless system in the huben, sk-19, sidewinder, and rattler. Technically the L2 is hammerless but it’s more of a pseudo-hammerless gun. The L2 still functions like a regular airgun in that the valve needs something to strike, or in the L2’s case, push it open. Instead of a hammer there is the push rod and in place of a hammer spring is the shooter’s finger. This is the reason why the trigger is heavy and cannot be adjusted. I don’t think it’s a bad design but the trigger/valve opening mechanism could’ve used more R&D. The L2 is well built, I like the valve and indexing mechanism but that trigger system reminds me of a trigger on a nerf gun. The huben’s valve system only requires the shooter’s finger to move a sear which allows it to have the best trigger for a hammerless gun.

Last edited:
Reactions: john8 and ChRiSiS
@DonEnzone I was specifically talking about the hammerless system in the huben, sk-19, sidewinder, and rattler. Technically the L2 is hammerless but it’s more of a pseudo-hammerless gun. The L2 still functions like a regular airgun in that the valve needs something to strike, or in the L2’s case, push it open. Instead of a hammer there is the push rod and in place of a hammer spring is the shooter’s finger. This is the reason why the trigger is heavy and cannot be adjusted. I don’t think it’s a bad design but the trigger/valve opening mechanism could’ve used more R&D. The L2 is well built, I like the valve and indexing mechanism but that trigger system reminds me of a trigger on a nerf gun. The huben’s valve system only requires the shooter’s finger to move a sear which allows it to have the best trigger for a hammerless gun.
I have to agree about the HUben’s trigger being the best for a hammerless gun (although I think that technically the Steyr Pro X and Hunting 5SA are also hammerless with great triggers). Certainly it is MUCH better than the L2. I like the L2 and enjoy shooting mine. The need to break it open to change the mag (or use a speedloader) is a PITA. However the big advantage that I see from the Sidewinder (and the reason I am closely following what Emu’s experience shows, is the the removable magazine. In my opinion, if the Huben had a removable mag it would be the absolute perfect airgun.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
I have to agree about the HUben’s trigger being the best for a hammerless gun (although I think that technically the Steyr Pro X and Hunting 5SA are also hammerless with great triggers). Certainly it is MUCH better than the L2. I like the L2 and enjoy shooting mine. The need to break it open to change the mag (or use a speedloader) is a PITA. However the big advantage that I see from the Sidewinder (and the reason I am closely following what Emu’s experience shows, is the the removable magazine. In my opinion, if the Huben had a removable mag it would be the absolute perfect airgun.
I think the steyr semi autos do use a hammer in their semi auto platforms. One thing’s for sure, they have the best trigger out of all the semi auto guns.

Reactions: ChRiSiS