• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lcs-sk19 .25 Accurate at lower speeds. Review

I wanted to share my experiences with the Lcs-sk 19 in 25 with a lower speed tune setting then the normal or what I have read about this rifle. The Lcs is a power house let me first say that! When I first received the rifle it shot Jsb king's over 1100fps 150b with more power available in the adjustment wheel.

I don't have to say at 1100fps the muzzle report was close to 22lr loud! Nonetheless, I was blown away at the chrony numbers literally..lol but I knew I couldn't get away with those speeds in my backyard with that noise without red and blue lights soon to show up. So to the tuning station I go.

I first settled on 915 fps with the Jsb king's at 150b which wasn't bad but the muzzle report was still a bit loud and the air consumption could be better IMO. With all the available adjustments in the power wheel I started to wonder if I could turn down the regulator and manipulate the power wheel to get where I wanted to be. 

Ok.. here goes nothing back to the chrony I go. Wait..before I proceed with the process I read stories and watched videos about not touching the regulator, especially past 150b and with speeds in the upper 900's and beyond but nothing on any lower to tunes with the Lcs-sk in 25cal.

My goal was to gain more shots and balance the air as one would with the Impact, same principles apply. I went ahead and turned the regulator down to 120b and adjusted the wheel until I reached 860fps. Now what made me settle on 860? It was by accident really! The noise to my ears had greatly decreased at 860. Could I be on to something I thought 🤔 just maybe I am..lol

I continued my chrony data and noticed the numbers were tight with some duplicates so from there I was satisfied with the constancy. Also the air consumption was minimal so that is another plus. Now it was off to the backyard 25yd range to check if the lcs would like those adjustments. (Fingers Crossed)

BOOM,BOOM,BOOM,BOOM,BOOM just stacking pellets 😁 big smile yes sir! I was hoping this tune would work as I want to keep this rifle! I was surprised at the accuracy so I pushed out to a tree 40yds away with the same results just stacking pellets🤯

I was so shocked I ran and loaded a mag with my favorite hunting pellets (POLYMAGS) and shot a 5 shot group at 25yds which were just as tight as the king's just a tad left of impact. I pushed the polymags out to the same tree at 40yds and the groups were still tight. At this point I was satisfied with accuracy, speed and sound at packed up.

Before I end I wanted to touch on the trigger. Now the trigger is strange but a good strange. Let me explain, in semi auto there's a long pull before the break but it is predictable and very crisp. In full auto the trigger becomes stiff and unpredictable IMO. I like semi auto best opposite of what others have stated. Different strokes for different folks! 

If you are on the fence about this pcp go ahead and jump off it's a winner! The craftsmanship is outstanding with quality materials and very reliable! The downside would be the loading process which is slow and cumbersome at times which could serve a purpose to slow down a pay attention as this thing is ready to fire at all times!!! 

Let me throw in that taking the barrel off is as easy as loosening 2 bolts on the side and off it comes for a good cleaning NO ORINGS TO WORRY ABOUT IN THE WAY!! Well I rambled enough hope someone gets something from this write-up. Geoff

P.S

Invest in stockpile ammo it is a ton of fun!

20210213_184638.1613428730.jpg

Reactions: kirkb and davidsng
Thanks for the write-up! Did your tune have any impact on the operating mechanism? I kind of assumed the reason they shoot so hot had something to do with the magazine rotation. I might have to try this. I too like the trigger, though I can't say I thought it was bad in full-auto, but perhaps I just didn't notice - I don't use it in full auto very much.

GsT

Thanks for the write-up! Did your tune have any impact on the operating mechanism? I kind of assumed the reason they shoot so hot had something to do with the magazine rotation. I might have to try this. I too like the trigger, though I can't say I thought it was bad in full-auto, but perhaps I just didn't notice - I don't use it in full auto very much.

GsT

No problems at all bud that's the reason of this write-up so others could gain information. I even had the rifle down to 750 and it was definitely backyard quiet no Issues 

Reactions: kirkb
Randy 68 has turned his huben way down as well, with no issues. I’m not sure what reg pressure he is running, but the huben was working great at super low power. Since the LCS is based off the huben, I’m not surprised that this works. The question really is, what is the lowest you can set the reg and still get it to cycle reliably.

Good review, thanks for sharing

Reactions: kirkb
I'm not sure on the LCS but on a Huben with the factory reg I set some at 105, 110 etc and they worked but we were shooting 18 and 25 gr jsbs and while it worked it wasn't optimal. Usually set them to 125 to 140 bar and they worked great with those two pellets . 

I installed a Huma reg in mine, set it at 110 and it is awesome. I had it shooting 18 gr at 900 to 925 and 25 gr at 935 to 940 by just clicking the powerwheel a couple clicks. This past weekend I set it up to shoot inside a barn with 14.3 Crosman ultramags at 350 to 375 fps. I just turned the power wheel down until it was open about a 1/4 turn. It worked perfectly with no jams or cycling issues. Reg was still at 110 bar. I got somewhere in the vicinity of 400 shots. Almost emptied a full tin on one fill. Awesome. 

I'm pretty sure the reg in the LCS is different and I know they don't recommend messing with them. But if you know how to work on your gun I don't see what it could hurt to experiment. 

Good job on tuning yours Geoff.

I'm not sure on the LCS but on a Huben with the factory reg I set some at 105, 110 etc and they worked but we were shooting 18 and 25 gr jsbs and while it worked it wasn't optimal. Usually set them to 125 to 140 bar and they worked great with those two pellets . 

I installed a Huma reg in mine, set it at 110 and it is awesome. I had it shooting 18 gr at 900 to 925 and 25 gr at 935 to 940 by just clicking the powerwheel a couple clicks. This past weekend I set it up to shoot inside a barn with 14.3 Crosman ultramags at 350 to 375 fps. I just turned the power wheel down until it was open about a 1/4 turn. It worked perfectly with no jams or cycling issues. Reg was still at 110 bar. I got somewhere in the vicinity of 400 shots. Almost emptied a full tin on one fill. Awesome. 

I'm pretty sure the reg in the LCS is different and I know they don't recommend messing with them. But if you know how to work on your gun I don't see what it could hurt to experiment. 

Good job on tuning yours Geoff.

Great response Randy I want a Huben as well to try out and see the differences in the two. I read the Huben is a bit quieter and has a better trigger whatever that means.. Thanks alot and your right if you know your rifle why not tinker? It's there for the tinkering! Now if I could only get this moderator to come off ill be good😡 tried everything except a torch didn't want to go that route. Red loctite all on the threads

I had my SK19 .22 in the back yard today and just turned the power wheel down to 725 FPS it was dead on stacking em on target at 30 yards for both 25 and 18 grains Jsb’s really enjoying this gun

Glad to hear the lower settings are working out. We're finding out you don't need to run this fine machine on high settings to function properly. There isn't any information out there on shooting the lcs at lower speeds so this information is invaluable! Thanks and keep us updated if you find anything else. 

I had my SK19 .22 in the back yard today and just turned the power wheel down to 725 FPS it was dead on stacking em on target at 30 yards for both 25 and 18 grains Jsb’s really enjoying this gun

Glad to hear the lower settings are working out. We're finding out you don't need to run this fine machine on high settings to function properly. There isn't any information out there on shooting the lcs at lower speeds so this information is invaluable! Thanks and keep us updated if you find anything else.

It was the first time I backed the power that far and my first two shots were in the high 600 FPS range. I quickly bumped it up to the 700 FPS range Because I was concerned I might cause problems by going too low. I then found that AOA video where I believe it was David had seen them function as far down as the 300 FPS range but we could by pushing our luck going too low with these rifles. So for my needs in the backyard FPS in the 700 range is fine sound and accuracy wise. Now out in the toolies or on the range I crank it up and let the lead fly😀