• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

LCS - sk-19

I had some time to setup my newest acquisition- the American made LCS SK 19. I bought it from Palm Beach Airguns in .25 Cal. I paired this guns capabilities with an SWFA 3x14 Scope using the SWFA 30mm one piece mount. Donny FL .30 Ronin kept things backyard friendly??? I had watched just about all the YouTube videos I could find on this PCP and was grateful for all of them as each one provided some moist tidbit. I used my leftover EDgun 25.39 pellets to site in at 30 then 50 yards, my typical squirrel or game shot. JSB, 33 heavies would have been preferred as they were recommended; but zeroing in was very predictable and took only 5-6 shots. My backyard range is a 100 yard setup and today’s weather was 58 degrees with 48% humidity and a 2-3 mph crosswind. Previously I have setup an FX Crown in .30 and a FX Wildcat in .25, a Leyla in .25 and two Steyr’s a Pro X 10 and a hunting 5SA as prior PCP experience so my expectations on larger pellets and quality PCP’s was based on those platforms. Well, I have a new paradigm / baseline for my expectations - the SK-19 ! Although I was shooting with a Caldwell precision turret, the guns tack driving performance exceeded my wildest dreams. @50 yards, and, in less than 10 shots with a new gun and new scope setup, Shazam I was hole in hole - thinking - I missed, and missed badly, only to discover the tattered trail 19 pellets left as they splattered fragments from backstop back into the target. One very big con - sloppy pellet size can cause major issues, jamming, especially if you don’t seat the pellets firmly and deeply. I didn’t exercise the full automatic function mode today for that exact reason. Any gun which can fire 19 pellets in under 3 seconds deserves the quality control a precise weapon with close tolerances deserves. In other words, if you don’t like paying for quality lead, this is NOT the PCP airgun for you! I’m sure I’ll be spending good time and money finding the right pellets for this tack driver but the search will be worth it. The second Con is total shot count before recharging the 480cc bottle. I recharged after emptying 3 magazines = 19 rounds each or (57 rounds) total. Factory recommends that to avoid jams you need to keep bottle pressure at or above 160 bar because the regulator pressure operates best at nlt 150 bar. Below that jams may occur and you most likely will need to send a loaded/jammed gun back for repair. This is an impressive airgun, I would buy it again and again; even though I’m still sorting out the best way to clean the barrel. Lastly some reviews say that the trigger is mushy in the semiautomatic mode. I would say it’s just a longer pull than most people are used to. After just a couple of reloads, it was quite predictable.

FC619468-597F-4717-8474-B54EFC806D4A.1616361571.jpeg
CCBE3FE8-069C-4464-8E23-BE70C7B862B1.1616361586.jpeg

Didn't know you were on this forum. Watch your prairie dog hunting videos all the time, THANKS! Friend of mine brought his LCS-SK-19 on a rabbit/ground squirrel excursion last summer & shot a rabbit at 60 yds while on full auto. We were expecting a single shot but that bunny "danced" for 3 seconds! Was really amazed at its single shot accuracy for what I thought would be a "gimmick gun". That full auto dance cracked us up as it was totally unexpected. 

I seat pellets with my thumb, just use the 'meat' to push them a little below flush. I had (and still haven't exhausted) a huge supply of Eun-Jin heavies (yes, they have a terrible reputation) - not only have I not had any problems at all with them in the SK-19, they shoot holes-in-holes. It's a great gun. I rather like the trigger even though it's different than anything else I own. Just wish the mag was removable.

GsT

Absolutely great air rifle. I received mine a couple of weeks ago and have put about 1K rounds through it. All you said is true. Take a little more time seating your pellets as mentioned above. If you shoot slugs use a pen or other soft object to make sure they are seated and completely inside. I, like you, am getting 3 .25cal 29grs mags off at ~1050fps. However, in my opinion, that’s not bad at all for a gun that operates completely pneumatically. I have a new Impact MK2 PP and Dreamline Saber Tac and they don’t shoot many more per fill and they are tinker’s guns, especially the Impact. I would put the SK 19 up against an Impact MK 2 any day of the week.

What’s the fastest velocity that can be had on these using the 25 cal 34g heavys, and shot count at that speed? This platform intrigues me for sure.

lastly, when giving that $500 deposit on AOA, what’s the average lead time till full payment is required and it’s shipped?

Can someone link or email me a pdf of the full owners manual so I can read up on it? Thanks in advance

[email protected]

Greetings cavedweller, it's a very easy task, remove moderator and shroud, loosen 2 4mm caps screws, located under the screws that fasten the scope rail, unscrew barrel, clean and reassemble. Setting the barrel is also easy, screw in the barrel until the magazine will not rotate, unscrew the barrel ever so little until the mag rotates.It's never changed the POI but I rip off a few rounds to double check the zero It's much simpler than my Huben K1.

Reactions: cavedweller
Hey cavedweller, I noticed you mentioned hanging a Ronin on the SK-19. Did it make a noticeable difference over the stock moderator? I got my .22 cal yesterday and while I love it I was a bit surprised by the decibels coming out of it. Still a favorite of mine. Thanks

My SK-19 is a .25 cal, and I tried a .30 cal Shogun on it - I couldn't discern any difference (with my ears) over the factory moderator. This discussion has occurred a few times on the board and it sounds like the best noise reduction is from turning down the velocity.

GsT