LCS SK-19 Review

Mine was a leaker when I first got it. A quick trip through AoA and it was fine for over a year and now (just recently) I have a self-inflicted leak (from firing with the loading lever 'up'). Haven't dug into it yet, but there are videos from AoA to help. Not worried about it - the gun shoots very accurately and I doubt fixing it will be much of a hassle.

GsT

Mine did the same thing, spent more time on the road to AoA and back, 5 or 6 times. I'm a gluttion for punishment. To AoA,s credit they did pay for shipping. If I totaled the warranty work tickets I'm sure they would be more than I paid for the gun. It holds air now haven't had a leak in months. In y opinion it"s not ready for prime time yet. My second semi auto is a Huben K1, no problems. I like the K1 so much I'm having one moded to .177.

When I first got mine back in August of 2020 I was amazed by how well it shot and easily shot off about 5 tins right off. I was not paying attention and got the tank a little low when it jammed and by the next day the air leaked out. It was sent in for repairs and stayed in there about 4 weeks where seals were replaced and leaked tested over a period of time. I bought a impact while waiting. When I got back the sk19 I had no more leaks and to this date it still holds air well. 

I recently picked up a brand new LCS from the classifieds in 30 cal. No problems holding air. I talked with Darren over at AOA and he said a high percentage of problems that come into AOA for service is due to user error-

shooting the gun at or below reg set pressure, a big no no

pulling the trigger with the mag lock unlocked

not seating the pellets fully forward in the mag

not setting the gun fully to safe when not in use, especially the rear safety, which would then lock out the valve from ever going off(in combination with low reg pressure)

these were the four top faults that were the root cause for LCS problems. Not saying the OP caused any of this, but don’t shy away from this gun due to a couple folks that had bad experiences from them. It’s like the M3, with its recent problem from leaks coming out of a hole in the block where air isn’t suppose to even leak from there. Something about a Machining flaw and drilling to far into an air passage way. Does that mean don’t buy an M3? Of course not.

That whole barrel placement on the LCS, how perfect it has to be, I have found a fix for that and am working with another member on the perfect barrel depth set each and every time, with no need for etching index marks on your gun. Also coming up with a way to note the power knob setting, so you would know of it got moved or not by accident.

was able to order more o rings for this thing thru oringsandmore.com, and recently swapped all the fasteners to stainless. The good news to this gun, is only 27 o rings! No auxiliary barrels to buy, transfer port add ons, slug power kits, spring kits, heavier hammer weights, shims, etc. just load and shoot. Mine came in from the factory at 930-935 FPS using the 44.75g pellets. 4, just 4 clicks on the power knob, and it’s up to 958-962 FPS. I get almost 40 shots at that speed, with a 480cc bottle. I could go higher, but I’ll stop there at 91 ft lbs. Regulator is factory set at around 146-148 BAR.

The best thing a pcp owner can do when sending their gun in for service,is to be completely honest in exactly, I mean exactly what was done to the gun. The whole “I’m not sure what happened, it was working for a second then not working” doesn’t work. These tech’s aren’t stupid. If it means owning up to a fault that would cause you to buy a part or two, then own up to it. What’ll happen is warranties will slowly be chiseled at on what exactly get warranted, and warranty time frames will be shortened.

Its funny how some folks claim ignorant. Funny story, and I won’t name names, but a wildcat was sent to a friend to tune up. The owner said he DOESNT KNOW WHATS UP. When my friend gets the gun and goes to remove the stock, he finds the action almost cemented to the synthetic stock, as someone tried doing a glass bed job but didn’t know what they were doing. Stock was ruined for sure, and a lot of extra work went in to cleaning the underside of the action and air tube. When my friend called the owner to ask about the bed job, of course it was blamed on the previous owner, lol.

i once worked on a wildcat that the owner said was super accurate. I get the gun and at 30 yards I can’t hit a 10” x 10” pellet trap. I stick a large cardboard backer to find out how off the sights are at(Hawke sidewinder, 6-24 x 50) and it’s 18” above the trap and to the left. Next shot 16” low and to the right. I call the guy, and he now says, well, it was starting to shoot squirly before he packed it up to send to me.

come to find out, the Shogun moderator had signs of clipping really bad, and whoever installed the scope from the vendor(that he paid for this service) on the FX no limit mounts he raised up the front mounts, and left the rear mounts flat.

i want to make it clear I’m not accusing anyone of falsifying info or keeping the truth under wraps on this tread. Just want all to know that these technicians at the Airgun vendors, are wise as to what’s up. It truly sounds like the OP got a lemon, which happens from time to time, with all things mechanical.

I have the LCS in .25 cal and have run probably a thousand rounds through it and it’s doing great. What Bigragu said is true. I watched every video I could find before I ordered my rifle. I never let it fall below 150 bar, I always seat my pellets with a pen tip making sure they are fully seated in the mag, I’m obsessive with the loading procedure and safeties. Things I have noticed: the screws that hold the plate cover on the firing mechanism in the rear of the gun started to loosen with use and i regularly check them now. The trigger safety will feel “stiff or creaky” if you try to move to safe with the rear on auto or semi auto; always switch the rear to safe 1st to take the air pressure off the front before moving it to safe. I regularly lubricate mine and keep it fastidiously clean. And it has worked flawlessly.
83A95E69-8998-46E7-9923-3A6F489DA25E.1621733208.jpeg
I have a much better scope on it now... The “Accuturd” has been retired

I am happy to read some posts from satisfied owners. I've had my pre-order pending at AOA for what seems like months now,.( I mean I guess it has been months)

I also watched every video and read everything I could. Everyone had nothing but praise. Funny things is I didn't come across much badmouthing at all. It seemed the biggest issue was the semi trigger pull. Now I keep reading these threads, and I am getting worried. I realize dissatisfaction makes people more vocal,.. so it's good to read about happy customers.

My .25 should be here shortly. they said before the end of May anyway.. time will tell.

I am happy to read some posts from satisfied owners. I've had my pre-order pending at AOA for what seems like months now,.( I mean I guess it has been months)

I also watched every video and read everything I could. Everyone had nothing but praise. Funny things is I didn't come across much badmouthing at all. It seemed the biggest issue was the semi trigger pull. Now I keep reading these threads, and I am getting worried. I realize dissatisfaction makes people more vocal,.. so it's good to read about happy customers.

My .25 should be here shortly. they said before the end of May anyway.. time will tell.

Delete

I use silicone spray on the magazine area and do so with the “loading wings” up and then rotate it by hand several turns. The rest of the obvious places I use gun oil and a needle oiler. I would say that the “owner’s manual” for the gun is so superficial as to be almost useless. It’s interesting the contrast between this and my Impact Mk2 PP. Tons of videos and info on maintaining the Impact and more or less zero for the LCS. I give it the award for being the “Most Badly Botched Marketing Campaign” by any airgun builder ever.

same problem i have. slow leak drops 250 bar to 225 in 24 hours....very annoying and considering sending it back although since i always have ability to top it off quickly before i play with it so not game changer but honestly, for the money, it doesn't rise to my expectations. fun to shoot but still bugs me i have to deal with it.....i also have a blitz and it is far superior in terms of reliability and just as much fun and half the cost of lcs.... both are .25caliber fyi. probably sell before snow flies again