• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

LCS Air Arms LCS SK-19 owners: did you fix your air leak?

I have a slow leak that brings the bottle down to about 1k in a couple of days.
I tried the balloon trick, it's not leaking out of the barrel. I sprayed leak detector on the externals (gauges, filler), there is no bubbling.
I have purchased the o-ring kit but would rather not do a complete o-ring replacement if it could be helped.

I am asking SK-19 owners who fixed their own leak, where their leak was, to see if my leak could possibly be narrowed down to fewer possible points to save time, and to lessen the probability of me breaking something that didn't need to be messed with.

Thanks.

Consider this, if its the valve, you have to tear down anyhow, so might as well remove the barrel and check at the valve exit port if you exhausted all other possible leaks. If that is beyond your ability or will, hopefully you find someone who can.

-Matt
I can do the job, there is a great video out there and I am a tried and true youtube viewer, and step by step follower :D . But thanks for that, I now have something defined to chase.

Reactions: Stubbers
You might want to check the entire regulator housing with some soapy solution before you tear apart the receiver. I have had two (yes two) that developed a microscopic crack or fissure in the housing block itself. AOA replaced the first one and I had to replace the second one on my own dime. Very difficult to find when looking at the obvious locations that others have mentioned in this and other forum threads.

You might want to check the entire regulator housing with some soapy solution before you tear apart the receiver. I have had two (yes two) that developed a microscopic crack or fissure in the housing block itself. AOA replaced the first one and I had to replace the second one on my own dime. Very difficult to find when looking at the obvious locations that others have mentioned in this and other forum threads.

Nice suggestion. I don't think the receiver has to be torn apart though to check for leaks, as shown in the picture below, I believe the tube/assembly forward of the receiver is the culprit, be it the regulator block as you mention or the output section of that tube. If those two sections are free of leak, well that leaves only the receiver as the last option.

1698276323657.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: FelixS
I finally got to it today and fixed it following Nate's Youtube video. I am posting pics on how to replace a red o-ring, which is nearly impossible to replace. I broke one trying to use a pick tool. So, I had to make a tool. Fortunately for me, I had the perfect sized pen for the task. I used a chop stick to load the pen tool, then the pen tool to install the o-ring see photos.

This is the culprit:
Red o-ring 1.png

This is the tool, made from an aluminum ball point pen body:
Red o-ring 2.JPG

I had to use something to load the o-ring onto the pen tool:
Red o-ring 3.JPG

The pen body was perfectly sized to allow the receiving part inside thereby allowing the o-ring to slip onto it:
Red o-ring 4.jpg

Success!
Red o-ring 5.jpg

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

Reactions: SundanceKid