LCS SK-19 barrel cleaning - easy.

No need to remove the tank to clean the barrel ... in fact, it appears to be contra-indicated in the AOA video.

I have had some problems with my gun ... (I got it a bit before yours Mike). The main issue was intermittent jamming of the cylinder and occasional wild shots on target. I talked to Robert B. of AOA and he shared the barrel removal process with me.

I cleaned the barrel, but noticed more breech blast from the side of the gun near the cylinder, and still had occasional jamming and wild shots. I then noticed some pellets that had not fired yet (I rotated the cylinder manually to see them) were severely damaged at the skirt. Playing with the breech to cylinder gap did not correct the occasional jamming and pellet damage.

I eventually deduced that some pellets, esp the lighter ones, caused the jamming and erratic shots much more than heavier ones. I initially wanted the gun possibly to shoot under 20fpe, and I was advised it was readily adjustable, and might be able to shoot that low with light pellets. It was set for much higher power (890/25.3gr) as received, and I adjusted the "power wheel" under the magazine area , but could not get it close to 20fpe because the cylinder rotated sluggishly .... so I set it back until I was getting about the same 900fps velocity with 15.9gr, but accuracy degraded so I went to 18.1gr and it was better. But the skirt damage and jamming re-occured to give wide shots. I tried RD Monsters and the accuracy improved a lot and the skirt damage and jamming seems gone.

In short, I suspect pellets adjacent the breech are being blown back in the cylinder enough to protrude enough to scrub and fold the skirt inward, impeding cylinder indexing and creating huge fliers when these bad pellets are fired. The bigger, heavier pellets don't suffer this issue as much I guess. 

For now, my thought is the gun performs as intended with heavy, full diameter ammo, and is accurate and fun to shoot, but at least in my case, problems occur with lighter ammo.

Yes, very interesting, the possibilities. In my case I shot nothing but 33.95 gr JSB's so mine is not a light pellet issue, and as you saw, my accuracy was excellent. I can't wait to see what AoA finds. My gun hit their door at 12:09 PM today. They told me the LCS gunsmith would get on it right away, but he only works Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, so if he doesn't get to it today, I'm dead until next Monday. If I ever lower the power and try to shoot light pellets, it's good to be aware of the potential issue.

Yes, very interesting, the possibilities. In my case I shot nothing but 33.95 gr JSB's so mine is not a light pellet issue, and as you saw, my accuracy was excellent. I can't wait to see what AoA finds. My gun hit their door at 12:09 PM today. They told me the LCS gunsmith would get on it right away, but he only works Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, so if he doesn't get to it today, I'm dead until next Monday. If I ever lower the power and try to shoot light pellets, it's good to be aware of the potential issue.

You just can't catch a break. I'd want an air freight shipment back if that was the case. 

Did y’all ever think that the barrel clamps were not tightening down enough, and when you put the shroud back on and the moderator that we were tightening the barrel too tight against the magazine? That what my .22 cal did and my .25caliber SK-19. Yes is sent them back to PAD/AOA...5 Xs. Listen I’m not an idiot or any of you. I’m a 3rd gen gun gun smith with a degree in mechanical engineering. I’m not a clown. My observations of this gun is that the barrel is NOT TENSIONED. The distance between the barrel and the mag are of the utmost importance for functionality. My first had a multitude of issues in .22 that we are not discussing because it would just take too long and quiet frankly piss me off typing all that crap down. The second SK-19 in .25 had to “Hard Reset” after 12 hours of setting ideal, and even after 6-8 hours had to have to magazine rotated one cylinder just to get it going. Not into he said she said BS just stating facts. The gun has a 3 DAMN YEAR WARRANTY on it...use it! They will pay to have it sent back. My guns have been tested by good people before they left the shop and worked fine...I believe the problem is how they are handled by UPS and their carriers. My guns have come back beat to hell and back with not only the case broken in several places but the freaking straps busted loose inside. Maybe that has a ton to do with it. Call UPS or whom ever about and they act like your asking for their first born and make things really difficult. I don’t think the gun is the issue or AOA/PAD. I think it is how our guns are beat to death before we get them back. Adjusting a barrel is not rocket science. I’m not saying for a minute that any one is wrong...maybe we are all right and it is a cumulative thing. Just my thoughts. Feel free to crucify me if you must. No hate at all. Just trying to figure this mess out for everyone’s best interests. God bless.

0C349A6D-E211-4B96-B555-44CCF631767F.1600367392.jpeg
1D6510D8-657A-4E56-B77A-EB91124F4598.1600367393.jpeg
A52377A7-1903-493D-A040-00FC12B671A6.1600367394.jpeg
A6EC68C5-854A-4A1B-82D0-F75ADEC5147D.1600367395.jpeg
Did y’all ever think that the barrel clamps were not tightening down enough, and when you put the shroud back on and the moderator that we were tightening the barrel too tight against the magazine? That what my .22 cal did and my .25caliber SK-19. Yes is sent them back to PAD/AOA...5 Xs. Listen I’m not an idiot or any of you. I’m a 3rd gen gun gun smith with a degree in mechanical engineering. I’m not a clown. My observations of this gun is that the barrel is NOT TENSIONED. The distance between the barrel and the mag are of the utmost importance for functionality. My first had a multitude of issues in .22 that we are not discussing because it would just take too long and quiet frankly piss me off typing all that crap down. The second SK-19 in .25 had to “Hard Reset” after 12 hours of setting ideal, and even after 6-8 hours had to have to magazine rotated one cylinder just to get it going. Not into he said she said BS just stating facts. The gun has a 3 DAMN YEAR WARRANTY on it...use it! They will pay to have it sent back. My guns have been tested by good people before they left the shop and worked fine...I believe the problem is how they are handled by UPS and their carriers. My guns have come back beat to hell and back with not only the case broken in several places but the freaking straps busted loose inside. Maybe that has a ton to do with it. Call UPS or whom ever about and they act like your asking for their first born and make things really difficult. I don’t think the gun is the issue or AOA/PAD. I think it is how our guns are beat to death before we get them back. Adjusting a barrel is not rocket science. I’m not saying for a minute that any one is wrong...maybe we are all right and it is a cumulative thing. Just my thoughts. Feel free to crucify me if you must. No hate at all. Just trying to figure this mess out for everyone’s best interests. God bless.

I have tightened those barrel clamps down to the point I thought I would strip or snap the bolts and the barrel still moves....GO FIGURE . Then when we put the shroud and moderator back on ...thinking we are all good...we inadvertently tighten the barrel too snuggly against the magazine???!Im just pulling at straws at this point my friends. I told Jarred to keep the damn gun, run it through their paces , don’t care how many rounds or days it is there. When I get it back I want it to work without issue...PERIOD! 2200$ is a Hell of a lot of money for a Damned PELLET GUN THAT DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY! Forget the blam game or idiot prof...we just want what we paid for and that is all. The freaking gun is amazing when it is working correctly. I still believe in my heart of hearts that shipping, carriers, couriers, the way it is handled before we get it is the main problem. Honestly...my gun case was split in 7 pieces. I swear to God it looked like they carrier threw it out a 4 story window on end on the sidewalk and just did not care. Y’all do you and leave me the heck out of all the hate chit. I’m only trying to help and want what’s best for all of us in the end. I’m not into calling people out and that crap. If that’s what you in for...we have nothing to talk about and I will not reply. Jarred Clark has bent over backwards for me as has Nathan from Blue Ridge AirGuns. No one and I mean NO One has tried to pull a fast one with me, not even once!, and has shown the utmost in professionalism, and respect to me this entire time. No name games please. Frustrated as we are for the money we have invested into a sport/ product we love...These guys are professional and have been there for me the entire time. 100%. Solid guys, and true friends. I’m Just trying to figure out how to get us all there happily. Again as always God bless.