LCS SK-19 30 cal or FX Impact III .30 cal ??

Well I am still waiting for My SK-19. Was supposed to be here in Early September but now we are looking at early November. I guess you call it bait and switch when they tell you preorder for early Sept then its two months later and they have your deposit. poopty 

It's well worth waiting for. Mine took 6 months from preorder to delivery. The big advantage was that the one I received had all of the latest improvements

and updates. I'm very pleased with mine and I had other toys to play with while waiting. It will show up.

Previous posts are spot on. I love my LCS 30 because of the power and semi, but it's not as accurate as the FX. My frined broguht his FX .177 over and we shot at a reset target at 25 and 50 and 75 yards, 5 shots then reset. At 25 yards it's not even close. With no misses for either, the LCS semi shined and won every time. At 50 things become more interesting. LCS still scored the win, but not without a couple extra shots. At 75 it's all accuracy and the FX brought home the win. Of course the larger projectile will affect accuracy so it's not quite a fair comparison. I'm sticking with my LCS, but the semi does sacrifice a little.

Hello All, 

I have LCS coming this month on preorder.................. I recently purchased the Benjamin Marauder PCP .22 and was instantly hooked. I can increase my shooting for less ammo cost, Already have a Carbon Tank and a full size Air Venturi compressor being delivered today.

Now that substantial time has gone by, I assume you have a LCS.

Not counting full auto, or air volume storage, how does the Marauder compare to the LCS?

I do not have a M3, but have been around and handled them. Impressively accurate, nice. I have many air rifles including a LCS 22. . As usual I polished and recrowned the barrel whether it needed it or not. After many, many shots it's still my favorite gun to shoot. Accurate, splitting hairs with the FX at my ranges as I do not attempt 150 yd shots, it has proven to be a pellet only choked barrel. Unfortunately, Troy Hammer does not currently have 16mm od blanks or I'd have a trio to test as they've reportedly been outstanding.

Obtaining parts is worse than Hatsan.

I did buy an unchoked LW barrel blank, machined it to fit and it's showing a lot of promise as I try various weight, diameter, brand slugs at different velocities.....which you can adjust on the fly. Shoot five shots, turn a few clicks, shoot five more. It seems to like .218, 30gr at 940, so far. Many more to go.
I'm not a trigger snob. In that department many guns are superior yet I shoot this as well as any. After a few shots it becomes a non issue as I quickly adapt. You will also.
AofA did manage to get me a 25 magazine and I bought another non choked LW blank which I'll sort out soon. I am trying to get a 30 magazine and after an initial positive response I heard nothing more from LCS. The powerplant is the same for all three calibers. It's really pretty simple to work on and jams are relatively easy to fix, I've had only one, ten minutes later I was shooting again. Since, I've made a little tool that seats the pellets/slugs a few thou and have had no more issues. I've introduced many friends to airguns and many of them have purchased a mixed variety of guns including FX. When we get together, no matter what guns are present, the LCS is the gun they are waiting to shoot. Airguns are fun for us and at that, the LCS is the winner hands down.
I'm currently teetering on purchasing a Prophet 2, but realistically it would reside with my other dust collectors, I never sell anything, lol.

Hello All,

I have LCS coming this month on preorder. Still need to pay in full etc etc, but was going with the .30 cal and the extra large tank. I was having some reservations in regards to the gun due to the fact of a non removable magazine a trigger that sounds not so good. I was considering maybe a FX Impact III instead but really do not need all the tune-ability the FX offers but I do want the semi-auto function of the LCS. See my debate. This gun will be used for hunting bird, rabbit and possibly pig in the future. I do need something that is very accurate and powerful but the fully auto function is not a huge concern for me. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Although I have been shooting guns and air rifles my whole life I recently purchased the Benjamin Marauder PCP .22 and was instantly hooked. I can increase my shooting for less ammo cost, Already have a Carbon Tank and a full size Air Venturi compressor being delivered today.

Thank you for the recommendations.

Broc
You'd have a simpler , BETTER IMHO,, platform with a maverick or wildcat. If you're stuck on FX. Impacts are a tinker's dream. It's like a boat, it's a hole that you keep throwing money in. My maverick 25 700mm ( with tuner , YES they work) will shoot flies @ 82 yds. NSA 38.9. Outside of checking zero, no adjusting tinkering or tweaking. My impact would NEVER touch. It