• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

LCS SK-19 30 cal or FX Impact III .30 cal ??

Hello All, 

I have LCS coming this month on preorder. Still need to pay in full etc etc, but was going with the .30 cal and the extra large tank. I was having some reservations in regards to the gun due to the fact of a non removable magazine a trigger that sounds not so good. I was considering maybe a FX Impact III instead but really do not need all the tune-ability the FX offers but I do want the semi-auto function of the LCS. See my debate. This gun will be used for hunting bird, rabbit and possibly pig in the future. I do need something that is very accurate and powerful but the fully auto function is not a huge concern for me. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Although I have been shooting guns and air rifles my whole life I recently purchased the Benjamin Marauder PCP .22 and was instantly hooked. I can increase my shooting for less ammo cost, Already have a Carbon Tank and a full size Air Venturi compressor being delivered today. 

Thank you for the recommendations. 

Broc 

I had a sk-19, had my fun with it an sold it. I have a understanding wife but she’s not blind to what my toys cost. If I could keep a dozen rifles I would have kept it but I can’t. Just know that buying the m3 is just like buying a car. After you add all the bells and whistles it can get up there and then there will be the m4. 

Reactions: mercado
I don't have an opinion of the Impact MK3. In fact i was in your very same shoes a few months ago. Bought the SK-19 in .25 Caliber and now I am LOVING this rifle. EXTREMELY ACCURATE !!! I put 19 rounds in my target at sub MOA at 50 yards! 
20210823_232554.1630802939.jpg
Screenshot_20210810-172648_Photos.1630802955.jpg

I have an Impact as well as an SK-19 in .25. If I had to choose the Impact would win hands down as it is more accurate, it shoots groups half the size of the above, can change calibers, which I do now and then, and has the removable magazine. It is nice to be able to change out a magazine or refill one with a speed loader rather than loading them one at a time when you run out.

I also had two bad LW barrels on my SK-19 thus far. I thought LW made good barrels but I got this junk instead.

Impact at 100 yards with the 33.95 .25 JSB. Three through the single hole on top five below. This was on a good day.

Wow, thank you and yes on both cases. Thats a good group at 50 yards. I had no idea that LW barrels would go through QC like that. I think in the end the cost will be similar but looks like for a MK3 it will be 3-5 months wait. I might just go with the LCS and when I want another gun save up when they come out with the MK4 Which sounds like will be a year or so.

Thank you for the feedback. 

Hello I have a LCS in 22 cal and its a great gun with no issues. Almost 5000 rounds through it. Its accurate and a lot of fun. Great as a hunting gun (fast follow up shots if needed). As for the trigger not bad just takes a mag or so getting used to it if coming off a match gun. In regards to the fixed magazine not really a problem, is it slow to load yes but if this is a hunting rig I doubt you will need 20+ rounds at one time and if you shoot 2,4,5 or 6rds etc. you can just top off the mag between targets(pests or game). Just my experience with the gun hope this helps and enjoy your new gun Eric

I have them both sitting here. The M3 without a doubt. Pride of ownership is a thing...something you realize when you get an M3 or L2 or some of these guns. It's great to have an M3 because of what is possible with it. ...any caliber, plus you can go win EBR with it anytime you want...no one will have an advantage over you. Get paid yo! 

The SK19 is cool. But it's jammed right now and I have to take it apart...just because I didn't push a pellet into the mag far enough. ...it's not an M3.

The SK19 is probably as accutrate as an M3 though. 

The SK19 is a gun, The M3 is a lifestyle. Join the club bro! 

Yes I heard that can happen if pellets are not pushed all the way into the mag. Unfortunately I hear it is like a min 5 month wait time until you can get an M3 and even though I Know it’s an amazing gun I wouldn’t wait that long for one. Maybe in the future I will get one too but for now I will keep my order with LCS I. Since I should be getting it to is month. Thanks fir the feedback and hope you get your lcs fixed. 

I have the LCS .30 and .25,,,,,,,,the Semi auto function to me, isn't worth giving up. 19 shots on the .25 and 17 shots on the .30. You do spend a lot of time reloading but you are shooting a bunch of pellets. I have never shaved a pellet or jammed a pellet, but always push the pellet in good with my thumb. I find it easier to load barrel down in my death grip tripod, very easy to load. If you load with barrel up or even, on my .25 they could fall back out.

I have the LCS .30 and .25,,,,,,,,the Semi auto function to me, isn't worth giving up. 19 shots on the .25 and 17 shots on the .30. You do spend a lot of time reloading but you are shooting a bunch of pellets. I have never shaved a pellet or jammed a pellet, but always push the pellet in good with my thumb. I find it easier to load barrel down in my death grip tripod, very easy to load. If you load with barrel up or even, on my .25 they could fall back out. I can also say when they come out with the .357, I will order it as well!!!!