LCS Air Arms SK-19

Aloha rkhan,

I have the first generation of the sk-19, you can tell by the manometer's. Theirs only 2 things I can say is that the trigger takes a little getting used to and you better have a stock pile of pellets. I know some guys have been shooting slugs through their guns with great results but I have yet to find a slug to work for my gun.

Other guns you might want to look at is the Huben K1.

Aloha,

Keone

Hello I have one in 22 cal set up for JSB Hades. Accuracy is good (I have only used an Eotech and magnifier) 45 yds is the max of my range, !/2 to 1 inch groups all day. No feeding issues at all. This is a very fun gun to shoot, some will complain about the magazine not being removable, its not a problem just a little time between reloads. I have this gun set up as a hunting gun thats why the Eotech , magnifier and clip on night vision when needed. Also the 2 selector system is great set it to either semi or full and then use your safety. In the Semi mode you can do a lot of Ar type drills being the safety is just like your Ar safety. I have had the gun since Late December 2020 and its seen about 2000+ rounds with no issues. Two things to note 1 Clean barrel regularly (500-750 rds) 2 Seat pellets in magazine ( just take a pen and push the in 1/16-1/8) and keeps them from backing out as you are filling and indexing the magazine. Hope this helps Eric

Thank you to all that have responded so far! I've had a Logan S-16 (0.22 Cal) for many years and honestly only used it for target practice in my basement. In total I've probably shot about 100 shots (if so much) with the S-16 and am currently looking to upgrade to a semiautomatic. So far it seems like no major negatives about the SK-19, which brings me one step closer to making a decision on acquiring one. 

I also noticed that quite a few members have either sold their SK-19 of have one for sale, which is pretty cool. Now the question is whether I can find a member that would like an S-16 traded against their SK-19, which would be ideal.

Again, thanks to all the kind members that have responded so far!

rkhan

Good evening, I have both the SK in .22 and a K1 in.25. Both have there strengths and shortcomings. I had many problems with the SK leaking at first, spent more time on the road than shooting it, I think I was a crash test dummy for the early gen. To AoA's credit the finally did fix the gun, whole new receiver block and has been trouble free. Both have a fixed magazine witch I thought would be tedious, it is but the up side is that it slows down your pellet usage witch will be astounding. The Sk's full auto is a gass to play with, it becomes a novelty after a while but flip the switch and it's a thrill. I prefer the double safety on the SK. If you have facial hair the Huben won't pull it as bad as the SK. I think the Huben is more pleasing to the eye unless you're into the tactical look. the trigger on the SK is spongey on semi auto, crisper on full auto, you'll learn to be able to single tap it, no adjustment. the trigger on the Huben is by the more pleasant trigger. The Huben is by far the quieter gun, rat fart quiet, put a moderator on it and you get mouse fart quiet. I run STO Falxs on both of them. The Huben is a little less money, still not cheap by any means. the fit and finish is comparable on both guns, better than good but not a fine piano. The Sk comes with an adiquate case, the Huben a cardboard box. My opinion, both wouldn't be the best choice for basement shooting. Whatever you choose have fun and be safe.

Get the 30 cal version, ha ha! 

I recently acquired one from a gracious member. It’ll be awhile till i play with it and run it thru it’s paces. I’ve got a good amount of those cheap hatsan pellets I got from midway that’ll be used to help me burn thru the excitement of full auto, which I expect will get old fast. It’s the semi auto feature I’m mainly after. Already changed to grip to an Ergo with palm shelf, already got DonnyFL’s adapter so I can try other moderators. I have a feeling my home brew style using the FX tube LCD’s with tapered cone baffles will be the ticket to quiet(er).

As soon as I can afford a good scope for it that’s when I’ll get it going. For now, im still tweaking on my Impact MK2. Got it all sweet with 25 cal, going to convert it to 30 to run that thru the tests.

its been awhile since I strayed away from an FX platform. I wanted something different. I’m glad I plopped down the coin for this LCS. It’s a nice feeling that other than the necessities such as a scope and mounts, there’s nothing else to buy! No extra barrels kits, no plenum kits, no additional springs, transfer ports, etc. Just load and shoot.

oh, and 95 ft lbs capable from the factory? I’m down with that. I viewed a YouTube vid of a guy already with one, shooting the 44.75’s at 996 FPS. That’s plenty for me in a 30 cal

I also would say look at the huben k1. It's my favorite. I dont own a sk19. I've read that the .22 huben is more powerful than the sk19 in .22, I assume the same is true of the .25, but there is no .30 huben unlike the sk19. My .22 huben has, on occasion, achieved 97 FPE. Unless it was a chronograph error. might not be full auto but I bet I could dump a mag pulling the trigger nearly as fast as the sk19 can in full auto.

I've been pleased with mine (.25). It's very accurate, even with the "junk" EunJin heavies that I thought I'd burn through just to get rid of. First, if the magazine will handle those, it'll handle anything, and second, they really shoot well! I've probably fired 5-6 mags full auto; two right away, for fun and the others after getting bored with regular shooting. Full-auto is pretty cool, but the novelty wears off quickly. I *like* the trigger. It's different, but not in any way bad, imo. Mine was a leaker when I first got it, but a trip back to AoA sorted that out. I just, as in "just yesterday", created my own leak (operator error) and now that I'm out of warranty I'll have to get in there and fix it myself. I left the loading lever open and started firing - took about 5-6 shots then all the air escaped! Other owners are probably thinking "how could you be so stupid?" - to which I can only say "I have special skills...". Anyhoo, don't do that...

GsT

Hi All,

It's clear to see why this forum is such a popular place for Air Rifle enthusiasts and honestly wished I had found it sooner. Lots of great and valuable feedback from so many members that are willing to share their experiences. 

In addition to looking at the SK-19, I also have the Logun S-16 I'd like to get off my hands. And for those FX owners I also have a brand new FX Revolution cheek/tube assembly (back end of the rifle) I'd like to find a home for.

Regards,

rkhan