LCS Air Arms SK-19

Good review. I left my reg. pressure at about 130 bar, where it was set from the factory, and could get the gun up to close to 1000 fps with the power knob with JSB RD Monsters. Mine liked the Monsters at about 950 to 960 FPS, but since I was going through so much ammo I dialed it down to shoot the JSB Heavy 18.1s at about 925 to 935 FPS. Still very accurate plus those pellets are so much cheaper, and come in tins of 500. Appreciate the mention in your video. Thanks!

@edosan , I know you mentioned it in another post, but which NSA slugs worked best for you? Size, weight, shape... Thanks!

27.5gn new ones

27gn old ones (pointy ones)

33gn old ones (pointy ones)

@ 950 fps, all NSA, .217

(did test several others, NSA, H&N) I did try the gold nuggets (Fx Hybrid) but shoot like 20 and done, where so so, but I did not tune for it ... 

Best ones so far 33gn NSA Old ones, https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/lcs-sk19-and-nsa-slugs-in-22/ the pic is an average shoot, I have done better with those

Thanks, so it likes the flat bottom vice the dish bottom ones... I'm going to try some out. Could get expensive shooting slugs from the LCS-19!

no so much if they are NSA! ;)

Haven´t test the JSB , but have like 5 boxes of the 33gn NSA (not available anymore), for hunting is a very good match, rabbits goes down like a stone. Imagine those in Full Auto! Dang (I do not use the full auto much)

I mentioned this in other posts, but I bought mine to hunt at night, mainly skunks and raccoons. Anyone who has hunted at night will tell you, anything that can go wrong will, and anything that is bad/difficult during the day,is moreso at night. If you don't get a perfect shot, the ability to keep shooting without coming off the scope and trying to relocate the target is a great asset. Even a coyote at 50 yards is no match for a couple 3 shot bursts to the head or body. My replacement gun (first one was a leaker, AoA took great care of me) only has 2 mags through it 1 semi auto and 1 full auto, because I night hunt mostly in the fall/winter/early spring, but this gun's not going anywhere.

Good review. I left my reg. pressure at about 130 bar, where it was set from the factory, and could get the gun up to close to 1000 fps with the power knob with JSB RD Monsters. Mine liked the Monsters at about 950 to 960 FPS, but since I was going through so much ammo I dialed it down to shoot the JSB Heavy 18.1s at about 925 to 935 FPS. Still very accurate plus those pellets are so much cheaper, and come in tins of 500. Appreciate the mention in your video. Thanks!

Are you able to get the power down to shot the 18's with just the power wheel or did you need ot adjust the reg? Did your shot count increase when you went to the 18's at that speed? I have no need for a 50fpe semi, but a 32 fpe semi sounds like a lot of fun :)

thanks in advance for the input.

I am not trying to speak for or step in front of CC, I am sure he will revisit this thread, but until he does, I will say I was surprised with my .25 the range of adjustment just using the power wheel was impressive. I have an Impact, and with the hammer spring maxed, the power wheel adjuster only varies like 25 fps no matter what setting you choose.

While the reg certainly can be adjusted, AoA does says there is nothing to be gained by doing so. This video explains it:

https://youtu.be/kCcDnGVoJ9I

I am not trying to speak for or step in front of CC, I am sure he will revisit this thread, but until he does, I will say I was surprised with my .25 the range of adjustment just using the power wheel was impressive. I have an Impact, and with the hammer spring maxed, the power wheel adjuster only varies like 25 fps no matter what setting you choose.

While the reg certainly can be adjusted, AoA does says there is nothing to be gained by doing so. This video explains it:

I’ve never adjusted my regulator. It came from AoA at about 130 bar. With that setting, using just the power wheel, I can go from 990 FPS with the RD Monsters to 885 FPS with JSB 18.1s. And that is only approx 3/4 of a full turn. The really interesting part is that the RDs are accurate at 975 FPS and the 18s are accurate at 885 and 925 FPS. I can’t tell you about shot count because that isn’t really my concern with this gun. Maybe five 19 shot mags with the 18s and less (3 1/2?) with the RDs. Accurate enough to hit a one inch swinger at 75 yards 4 out of 5 times with either power set up. Trigger not so great, but I got used to it. Great little Hunter... I have a Sightron Big Sky 4-16x scope on mine and it fits the gun well. You’ll probably need High rings.