LCS Air Arms SK-19 FULL AUTO FULL REVIEW!

dennis-baker

Dealer
May 9, 2016
Ohio
Hi everybody! This week's blog and corresponding FULL REVIEW video are on the LCS Air Arms SK-19 FULLY AUTOMATIC .25 caliber air rifle. The link below is to the written blog, and below that is a link to the full video. I suggest taking them both in for the full story, as well as a video demonstration of the fun you can have with a fully automatic pellet rifle of this quality. All comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Click here for the link to the written blog report...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu7QDeIrwTs

Your review was spot on. I purchase one and got it last week. It is much more accurate than I expected and is very powerful. I believe it outshoots my Vulcan that I truly love and enjoy. Like you said, the trigger is different. Not bad, but not good. If the LCS had my Vulcan trigger, it would be absolutely awesome. Maybe someday someone will be able to message the trigger and make it better. That is the only thing I would change on this air rifle.

Your review was spot on. I purchase one and got it last week. It is much more accurate than I expected and is very powerful. I believe it outshoots my Vulcan that I truly love and enjoy. Like you said, the trigger is different. Not bad, but not good. If the LCS had my Vulcan trigger, it would be absolutely awesome. Maybe someday someone will be able to message the trigger and make it better. That is the only thing I would change on this air rifle.

Thank you very much for checking it out!

Couldn't agree more.

-Donnie

Nice review. I got a .25 a couple weeks ago. I haven't adjusted anything on it yet. Shoots just fine out of the box for now. I've found 3 shot bursts (my favorite) to be rather easy to pull off MOST of the time. With a tight hold the 3 shots are usually amazingly close together at 32 yards anyway. A loose hold and they climb high left on me. 

My first impressions are I'm glad I bought one. 

Am I the only one having issues with this gun? I got mine (.25) last Friday. Did not touch anything. Did not clean it, nothing. Only fired 33.95 JSB’s, 225 bar starting pressure. First magazine one round, no shot, just air. Second mag 3 blank shots. On lifting both levers and rotating the mag, there were fired/unfired cylinders interspersed, not contiguous. Called the vendor. They told me the barrel might be screwed in too far, so I had to start working on a 2 day old $2,000 gun.

I loosened the barrel very slightly. Went out and fired 2 19 round mags with no problem, so I thought the issue was resolved. One hour ago, two skunks in my back yard. Shot the first, solid thwap, but he ran over the hill. The second one just stayed there. Fired a shot-blank, no pellet. It still sat there. I lifted both magazine levers, rotated the mag by hand, the skunk was still there and I shot it. Went right inside loosened the barrel bolts and loosened the barrel a little more. Am I going to go through this crap every time I remove the barrel to clean. Why couldn’t the have put a slot on the side where you could stick a feeler guage and get it right? After all the glowing reports, I’m starting to feel like a red-headed stepchild.

Am I the only one having issues with this gun? I got mine (.25) last Friday. Did not touch anything. Did not clean it, nothing. Only fired 33.95 JSB’s, 225 bar starting pressure. First magazine one round, no shot, just air. Second mag 3 blank shots. On lifting both levers and rotating the mag, there were fired/unfired cylinders interspersed, not contiguous. Called the vendor. They told me the barrel might be screwed in too far, so I had to start working on a 2 day old $2,000 gun.

I loosened the barrel very slightly. Went out and fired 2 19 round mags with no problem, so I thought the issue was resolved. One hour ago, two skunks in my back yard. Shot the first, solid thwap, but he ran over the hill. The second one just stayed there. Fired a shot-blank, no pellet. It still sat there. I lifted both magazine levers, rotated the mag by hand, the skunk was still there and I shot it. Went right inside loosened the barrel bolts and loosened the barrel a little more. Am I going to go through this crap every time I remove the barrel to clean. Why couldn’t the have put a slot on the side where you could stick a feeler guage and get it right? After all the glowing reports, I’m starting to feel like a red-headed stepchild.

I have to say I do feel your pain. If I wasn't planning to take mine all apart and "make it better" I'd be really pissed off too about right now. Got a loose something rolling around inside the receiver. I know it's part of the trigger at least. I'm not complaining just saying what little problem I have. 

I had apparently not tightened the screws sufficiently after removing the barrel for cleaning. It eventually backed out enough that I got a blast of air out the breech -- in the face. About soiled myself. It sounded like the breech blew up in my face.

I have some issues with build quality in general. A sharp end of the spring protruding from the metal loading door. Both of the carbon fiber shrouds fit loosely and are largely useless in stock form. The cosmetic barrel covers under the scope rail are sloppy. The select fire and safety levers are sloppy. Daystate money for Daisy quality.

I wouldn't mind all of that if it was consistently accurate, but my .22 will only sporadically shoot a 1/2 inch at 50 yards. I've tried 17+ pellets and a range of velocities. I haven't given up yet.

Fortunately I like to tinker. With a 3D printed adapter and LDC it's now quieter than my suppressed Mutant.