• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Lazy hunter

I used to sit outside for hours waiting for the squirrels to come in. As of a couple months ago I set up a trail cam outside and get an alert on my phone with a short clip when the motion activator goes off. Then it's time to grab a beer, open up the window and give em' the pew pew

download.png

Hey that is using technology. Where and how do you position the trail cam whereas not to get a lots of false targets from birds etc.? Do you have it set up to send a cell phone notification? I know what you mean about sitting outside waiting on them. However I enjoy the looking. But LOL the squirrels often don't have the same schedule I do. I come back inside and my dog takes his turn at manning the sniper windows looking for them. He is comical. Good luck!!

Hey that is using technology. Where and how do you position the trail cam whereas not to get a lots of false targets from birds etc.? Do you have it set up to send a cell phone notification? I know what you mean about sitting outside waiting on them. However I enjoy the looking. But LOL the squirrels often don't have the same schedule I do. I come back inside and my dog takes his turn at manning the sniper windows looking for them. He is comical. Good luck!!

I'm using the Blink cameras, and yes I have it set up for cell phone notification. I dial the sensitivity down to avoid false targets but it does go off for other stuff. It goes off with deer, squirrels, raccoon, and possum. The only downside to this is that the batteries in which are supposed to last 2 years needed replacement after only 3 months, not a big deal though as the batteries aren't expensive.