Latest generation of reactive target

Just finished making eight new “distance” reactive targets for my outdoor range. Admittedly over engineered, this is my latest attempt at long lasting and fun reactive targets.

I plan on using then for 75 to 100 yards pcp play and testing and 50 + springer fun. I already have several smaller spinner reactive targets from 18 to 65 yards.

Materials included 2x4 treated lumber, 3/8” all thread plus shim washers plus flat washers plus nuts, 1/8” aluminum for the upright armor, 1/8” plastic coated steel cable for the pivots, and steel plate sourced from Grade 8 targets in the Uk.

Should last nearly as long as I will. Tested with my RAW .25 HM1000X and NSA 26.5 grain slugs at 50 and 87 yards. No evidence of damage to the target and reaction was great.

C25CF478-5B86-4251-811A-F4F230DF9735.1633702644.jpeg

We are contemplating a G scale train going back and forth ( behind something pellet proof ) with a paper target on a oval track to get some shooting at a moving target in.

Also my buddy have the automatic LGB cable car kit, where you could replace the cable cars them self with a holder for a paper target. ( which is probably what we are going to do )

https://youtu.be/mOWLqvMzH4c

Shooting moving paper at 50 M, that gotta be a challenge.